Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 10-27-2019, 10:56 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default New player seeking green class advice.

First, I regularly raid on official TLP servers. I know that the changes are quite vast and significant, so I come seeking advice.

There are two classes I regularly enjoy playing on the TLP/Modern eq, and those are Necro and Shaman. I have heard people say that Necromancers are essentially useless in raids and will have trouble finding a raid spot due to this and the fact that they are over-played.

I have heard similar about Shaman, that they are really strong, but extremely overplayed and will be rarely able to find a raid spot.

I would strongly prefer playing one of these classes, but would consider another if all of this isn't hyperbole.

What do you guys think?
Old 10-27-2019, 11:49 PM
Banned

sounds like you already know enough about EQ to answer your own questions
Old 10-27-2019, 11:56 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
sounds like you already know enough about EQ to answer your own questions
I knew enough to expect this level of stunted social awareness.
Old 10-28-2019, 12:17 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathulu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I knew enough to expect this level of stunted social awareness.
rated one star
Old 10-28-2019, 12:27 AM
Planar Protector

Both of those classes are top solo classes along with druid. If that's something you like just play one.

Shamans are generally always needed to blast people with buffs so probably most raid secure while being a class you like. Probably your best bet. In my mind they're the best caster in the game because it's the only caster that gets to be an ogre. If I could be an ogre cleric I would hands down never consider a different class.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 10-28-2019, 12:59 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Both of those classes are top solo classes along with druid. If that's something you like just play one.

Shamans are generally always needed to blast people with buffs so probably most raid secure while being a class you like. Probably your best bet. In my mind they're the best caster in the game because it's the only caster that gets to be an ogre. If I could be an ogre cleric I would hands down never consider a different class.

I'm with you there but with trolls. I love necros just because I feel like it's the most solid necro class in any game (could just be nostalgia talking).

My only trouble is that it seems like half the server is rolling shaman. Every where I go and every group i get into has one or two with more asking to join. Under normal circumstances I just would have assumed shaman, but an overabundance of shaman is not a problem we had on official servers. Seems like a p99 only issue. Maybe I'm just missing something.
Old 10-28-2019, 01:37 AM
Planar Protector

Its just that shamans have to stay near swamp or near halas so they're all in one place.

They aren't that popular. Just make the class you like..really. I'd be rolling a warrior if it wasn't for my prediction that I won't be able to group up as much as a warrior really needs to so I would be brute force melee leveling on blues forever. The hard way.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 10-28-2019, 01:39 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Its just that shamans have to stay near swamp or near halas so they're all in one place.

They aren't that popular. Just make the class you like..really. I'd be rolling a warrior if it wasn't for my prediction that I won't be able to group up as much as a warrior really needs to so I would be brute force melee leveling on blues forever. The hard way.
That's a pretty solid point. Thanks Gustoo!
Old 10-28-2019, 01:47 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathulu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My only trouble is that it seems like half the server is rolling shaman. Every where I go and every group i get into has one or two with more asking to join. Under normal circumstances I just would have assumed shaman, but an overabundance of shaman is not a problem we had on official servers. Seems like a p99 only issue. Maybe I'm just missing something.
Kunark: Locket of Escape and Circlet of Shadow are solo Shaman fodder. Also, prenerf fungi stick is the proverbial carrot dangling in front of players. Add in the current situation with DE mask and Manastone...it's hard not to choose Shaman.

If bindpoints are transferred over from green to blue, when the time comes, than having the TD firepots option is another potential perk.
Old 10-28-2019, 05:59 AM
Kobold

This game isn't WoW. There's no such thing as limited raid spots. Guilds will try to recruit the more crucial classes the hardest, but if you can make raids and play competently you can find a guild.
Closed Thread