Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 12-18-2019, 01:46 AM
Large Bat

Default Faction question: Gnome vs Human Bertoxxulous Necro

Both races are neutral and both can worship Bertoxxulous, but are Gnomes welcome more places faction wise?
Old 12-18-2019, 04:33 AM
Planar Protector

Just as a single anecdote, my brother is playing a bertox erudite necro and can walk freely in a lot of places in both freeport and neriak. He's threatening in highpass and had decidedly bad luck trying to get around in Qeynos. Not sure if that helps or not, but good luck with your decision making!
Old 12-18-2019, 06:51 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tethler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just as a single anecdote, my brother is playing a bertox erudite necro and can walk freely in a lot of places in both freeport and neriak. He's threatening in highpass and had decidedly bad luck trying to get around in Qeynos. Not sure if that helps or not, but good luck with your decision making!
Erudite Necromancers can only follow Cazic-Thule.
Old 12-18-2019, 09:58 PM
Kobold

Human Necro here (Bertox)

You are able to do the Innoruuk Recommendation quest that starts in East Freeport

You will be amiable to Innoruuk Clerics and I'm assuming the Necro guild after 4 turn ins (This quest is repeatable and easy to do) I need to check my faction with them, but I'm almost certain it should be fine. You can always buy what you need in E Freeport and train there, so it isn't really an issue

This quest will only make you KOS to Priests of Tunare (Which you pretty much are anyways and Lore wise it makes sense and adds to the immersion of the class)

You can bank with ease in Neriak and Freeport. Both have the best food vendors right next to the bank where you can buy milk and muffins. Just stay clear of the Paladin/Cleric Guilds

In Neriak stay away from the caster guild and warrior guild. Don't even try to go near them. You will be KOS. If you go to the Necro guild, IVU yourself to get past the Ghoul Guards, otherwise you're good to go. I wouldn't head upstairs though to Inky in the torture room. No reason to go up there and not worth the risk.

The only issue I've run into is buying a few spells like Shielding which can only be bought at caster guilds and you are dubious to them in both Freeport and Qeynos, so they won't sell to you.

Qeynos can be annoying at low lvls because the druids will kill you. There is one that wanders the newbie area and one that wanders the town. Getting your invis spell asap if you want to run around there is extremely important.

From my understanding Humans have it a bit easier than gnomes. If you can do the recommendation quest however, you'll be good to go.

Antonica is an entirely different animal, but who cares about that faction. You'll eventually be xping off all their guards anyways, so it doesn't matter
Old 12-19-2019, 02:03 AM
Large Bat

Thank you! This is excellent information and exactly what I was hoping to find out.
Closed Thread