Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 02-28-2014, 11:14 AM
Kobold

Default In the hospital.

Stuck in a hospital for a day or two. Fiance had her appendix go berserk, needs to come out. The hospital wifi lets me on the interweb but for some reason won't let me conect to p1999 =( Was gonna level my bard up to make this stay bearable, but I guess not. Forums will have to entertain me!
Old 02-28-2014, 11:16 AM
Planar Protector

Good that you're "there" for her Tzeriel lol.

If you got YouTube you'll be ok [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-28-2014, 11:26 AM
Kobold

Been here since 4 am. Was mostly thinking of that option for after the surgery when all she does is sleep, lol. My lovely lady is a gamer anyhow. Right now shes playing her Vita and waiting.
Old 02-28-2014, 12:41 PM
Planar Protector

Sorry, no definitive answer fom me that will help you but your question made me wonder how different hospital wifi is compared to what they set up in hotels. When I spent a few days driving across the country I never had a problem using hotel wifi to play on p99. Was able to log on and play at every hotel I stayed in.

I guess all setups are different? If I remember correctly I just had to leave the hotel's webpage window open after signing into it and logged into game just fine every time.

P.S. Well, good luck and I wish your gf a speedy recovery. You seem like a good bf for sticking around so long. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-28-2014, 12:45 PM
Fire Giant

When my wife was in the hospital for our baby, we were there for almost a week (Caesarean), and I brought my laptop with me. I also was unable to play EQ, so I just forumquested in between my wife sleeping and changing/feeding the baby [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-28-2014, 12:46 PM
Sarnak

Hope she gets better.
Old 02-28-2014, 01:02 PM
Aviak

Odds are they have some of the ports closed on their firewall that are used by EQ/EQEMU services. If that is the case you would be out of luck as far as being able to play via their wifi. Opening the ports for an individual user wouldn't happen for sure. If you can use your cell phone as a mobile hot spot, that would be about the only option I can think of to be able to play from the hospital.

Best of luck in the hospital.
Old 02-28-2014, 01:58 PM
Kobold

Thanks for all the well wished. She just went back into the OR about 5 minutes ago. Now the waiting game. Worst part of the whole thing IMO.
Old 02-28-2014, 02:06 PM
Planar Protector

Had my appendix out, the surgeon said I was lucky that I got it out when I did because it was about to burst. Don't let them kick her out of the hospital for at least 3-4 days. She's going to be a cripple for two or so weeks.
Old 02-28-2014, 02:31 PM
Kobold

They caught hers before it burst, too. Because of that and her age and general good health, they're doing the laproscopic apendechtomy (No way i spelled all that right), so we should be out of the hospital sometimes tomorrow. Extra shitty thing is she just moved to my city a month ago, got a good job she was supposed to start monday. =( Luckily, they're cool with her pushing it back a week. So that's good at least.
Closed Thread