Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-20-2014, 02:02 AM
Kobold

I've got nothing. I always thought that there were 2 types of people in this world: those who go out of their own way to fuck someone else over (think Red99) and those who do not.

...buuut I've had friends from both camps. And this one time...

Look, this isn't an apology. If anything, this is glorifying the bad and mocking the good. But here it is, anyway:

Back around Luclin timeframe, a friend asks if I can invis others. She is mad at her guild, and wants to part ways, but not without a final fond fuck you farewell.
She logs on the guild cleric(errbody in the guild had the account name/password) then has me invis her in field of bone.
Deletes all of her gear.
Deletes epic too.
Has a third person pull all of the monk GMs to zoneline.
Binds herself in the court of pain
stays logged in all night
The end. The guild ends up falling apart due to drama queens and infighting.
Old 04-20-2014, 02:09 AM
Aviak

This would have been prior to Kunark launch, or right around same time one. My sister who had started me on the game, split up with her boyfriend, who was pretty hard core into the game, and she gave me her account and quit.

Well turns out he used her bank for his personal storage, I'm maybe level 13 on my highest character at the time, I got a FBSS, Hammerhead helm, and i'm sure a half dozen other items that I sold for plat on the faymart for I'm sure well under what they were worth.

Guy asked me about the stuff, I told him I have no clue what he's talking about as I stand there on my ranger suddenly equipped in full ivy etched and wearing half of the other gear rather than banded....

Not really an apology, I suppose, but I do sympathize with him over it lol.

Side note, in hind sight I realized he was using MQ to view loot tables in Lower Guk one time when I was over at their place. Was too much of a noob to realize what he was doing then.
Old 04-20-2014, 02:13 AM
Fire Giant

I played a rogue on VZ. Never got him above level 24 but I played him all the time. In fact, I had about 30 days played. Many of my hours were spent luring elves over to the Lfay zoneline, promising them 12 crushbone belts for 10 platinum (quite the steal at the time as 1pp a piece was standard.) They came, my friend and I killed them, and then we stole their platinum. I am sorry elves.

P.S. - I'm not actually sorry.
Originally -
Reiguy of Fennin Ro
Tyvix Rex of Sullon Zek.
Old 04-20-2014, 02:31 AM
Fire Giant

Narninate and I back in the Kunark days (we were both like 13 years old) used to do the trade bug where you canceled trade and because it was filled with too many items for their inventory it just dumped it onto the ground. We picked up at least a Fungi that way...and a LOT of other stuff worth their weight in plat.

I have no names, but I feel kinda bad about it. In my defense I had just came from Ultima Online where that shit was revered.

Millburn Pennybags - Blue
Palmer Eldritch - Teal
Old 04-20-2014, 02:34 AM
Planar Protector

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-20-2014, 03:50 AM
Planar Protector

Before I had the game installed I would go over to a friend's and watch him play EQ after school and we would unpause N64 whenever his char needed to med/heal up. That day he was playing his low level gnome caster in WC and a duo was killing the Nightfall Giant near the druid rings which, when it died, fell right on top of his gnome, hiding him completely from sight. After 2min the duo didn't loot up and the corpse was past the 5minute marker. So my friend looked at me after right-clicking the body and asked if he should loot its head. I said, of course loot it, but he was still contemplating.

After about 30sec he looted the head and backed away from the corpse just as it was disappearing. A few seconds later one of the duo'd players said in /say I saw you just ninja our shit! (or something to that effect) Both of us looked at each other and started panicking a little. But for whatever reason the duo didn't notice my friend's gnome really. They thought another player, who was also somewhat close by, had ninja looted the head.

As the duo began threatening that guy, saying how they were already petitioning him, my friend slowly backed his gnome away into a small crowd that had gathered around and then ran off to EC. We both agreed it would be better to wait a few days before putting the head in auction. He was never caught.

To the duo on the Tunare server and to the guy who got falsely accused/petitioned...my bad.
Old 04-20-2014, 04:32 AM
Sarnak

On was a lvl 47 ish Ogre Shadow knight, I was in some random guild. I pass a druid camping the mutant fungus for the paw, I say hi wish him luck and head to Lguk to level.
After about 7 hours I left Lguk to bank.

I pass this druid still at it, chat a bit. The mutant fungus spawned I ran over kill stole it.
Nothing special dropped, however I told the druid wow thanks the weed for the gold ring.
He raged hard, sorry mate.
Old 04-20-2014, 04:46 AM
Banned

I apologize for late night naked skype with Getsome's g/f Lillyanna while he was 'afk fishing'
Old 04-20-2014, 04:48 AM
Banned

I also apologize for showing Hokushin a pic of his internet g/f Catterine when he found out she was a whale they were no longer lovers.
Old 04-20-2014, 09:28 AM
Planar Protector

During the Kunark era right before Velious I scammed quite a few people on live. Just used the classic "Give me the money and I'll get on my main that has the FBSS" trick, I honestly couldn't believe it worked the first time, and I was really loling when it worked the 2nd-15th time. The very last guy finally logged our convo and reported me for scamming, the GMs took the plat back and suspended me for 24-48 hours. But I did get away with all the other scamming.

So...if you played on E'ci and got scammed out of 8-10k for an FBSS by a nameless newbie in EC (no idea what the names of the alts were that I used), sorry. I don't feel bad TBH, you were dumb enough to fall for the weakest scam ever devised.

It all worked out for the best though, all that money bought me some good twink gear for a rogue. My friend at the time went insane with jealousy and begged me for weeks to play said rogue. When i finally let him play he basically took over the account, I eventually only logged in so I could put the rogue into absurd places to mess with my friend. After a couple months i canceled the subscription...then spent my teenage years outside of the house. I am forever grateful for my friends greed and jealousy...because without it I might have spent several years of my teenage life playing this awful game.
Closed Thread