Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-27-2020, 07:10 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by knottyb0y [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I know this is not the fault of anyone responsible for p1999 but WTF were the Verant devs thinking putting the wizard WK port RIGHT NEXT TO THE NK ZONE LINE!!!

Like there's NK Port right there! This spell could have been a great way for wizards to get to Qeynos fast if the port location was closer to the other side of HUGE ASS WK.

Anyway. I always wondered what they thought with that execution. I bet some artist messed up and it was too late to fix before release lol.
Thats an easy one. They were thinking "Hmmm, how can we f*ck with these guys? Hmmm. I know!
Old 02-27-2020, 08:11 PM
Planar Protector

Druids have some of the same stuff.
Feerot/SRo port
misty thicket/WC
Old 02-27-2020, 08:37 PM
Fire Giant

I mean it's just similar to the EK druid evac and the NK druid portal..
Old 02-27-2020, 10:38 PM
Fire Giant

There should have definitely been a wizard portal in Everfrost, huge missed opportunity there for sure.

[ Kurrat - Arch Mage ]
[ Kurrate - Crusader ]
<Legacy of Fire>

Old 02-27-2020, 11:23 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doktoor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I always figured that they wanted one area of the world to be a PIA to get to as another time sink as they added time sinks throughout the game from the very beginning.
It makes Halas/EF and Odus feel like far off remote places, yes.
Old 02-27-2020, 11:43 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fammaden [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It makes Halas/EF and Odus feel like far off remote places, yes.
Not really Odus as there is a portal right next to Erudin in Tox. but the feeling to Qeynos is remote and as far as the atmosphere of the world I like the feeling of a big world. In essence it's not but it works for this world. I would of liked a late portal to Halas but in all I do like how it works. they " fixed" it with Planes books but IMHO it was overkill at that point
Old 02-28-2020, 11:45 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balimon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There should have definitely been a wizard portal in Everfrost, huge missed opportunity there for sure.
Would kind of defeat the lore of the Barbarians as this race that lives their lives far away from civilization in the mountains. Part of the point of the Barbarians is that they don't get as involved as the other races. Halas and Everfrost are supposed to be these far away lands that you have to undertake travel to get to.
Old 02-28-2020, 04:53 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Would kind of defeat the lore of the Barbarians as this race that lives their lives far away from civilization in the mountains. Part of the point of the Barbarians is that they don't get as involved as the other races. Halas and Everfrost are supposed to be these far away lands that you have to undertake travel to get to.
Add it in later, and say hey look we found this old combine structure!

Miragul had a teleport pad in his creepy necro caves , so why not?

[ Kurrat - Arch Mage ]
[ Kurrate - Crusader ]
<Legacy of Fire>

Old 02-28-2020, 05:07 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balimon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Add it in later, and say hey look we found this old combine structure!

Miragul had a teleport pad in his creepy necro caves , so why not?
Probably because the point of EQ wasn't too make the world super small where you could just get everywhere very easily a la WoW
Old 02-28-2020, 06:56 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Probably because the point of EQ wasn't too make the world super small where you could just get everywhere very easily a la WoW
Don't want Wow easy mode, just pointing out something the devs missed. You don't have to agree my duder.

[ Kurrat - Arch Mage ]
[ Kurrate - Crusader ]
<Legacy of Fire>

Closed Thread