Closed Thread

Old 07-18-2020, 08:52 PM
Sarnak

Default Ranger worth playing?

Serious question.
Old 07-18-2020, 09:57 PM
Planar Protector

It depends. Serious answer.

For all the things a ranger can lack in other situations they can provide. The toughest part about the class is the constant justification (mostly to yourself that you aren’t crazy). A class that nobody worships is fun from the underdog aspect but also frustrating.

A good hybrid is a marvel work watch. Always casting, buffing, and pulling off fun tricks. A lazy/bad player is just a lackluster rogue. At 60 you can provide serious attack buffs to a raid and they are sometimes not present to offer those.

Do you want to play one or want a reason not to? We can give you a couple dozen reasons to push you either way. If you want to top damage charts that’s a tough one to pull for with a ranger. Your competing with a class who can get near 100dps with a 35k plat MQ.
Last edited by Snaggles; 07-18-2020 at 10:18 PM..
Old 07-18-2020, 10:07 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It depends. Serious answer.

For all the things a ranger can lack in other situations they can provide. The toughest part about the class is the constant justification (mostly to yourself that you aren’t crazy). A class that nobody worships is fun from the underdog aspect but also frustrating.

A good hybrid is a marvel work watch. Always casting, buffing, and pulling off fun tricks. A lazy/bad player is just a lackluster rogue. At 60 you can provide serious attack buffs to a raid and they are sometimes not present to offer those.

Do you want to play one or want a reason not to? We can give you a couple dozen reasons to push you either way. If you want to top damage charts that’s a tough one to pull for with a ranger. Your competing with a class who can get near 100dps with a 35k plat MQ.
I appreciate the serious response, a good post! You're totally right pretty much on every point.
Old 07-18-2020, 10:20 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worry [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I appreciate the serious response, a good post! You're totally right pretty much on every point.
Thanks. Autocorrect mucked up some of my sentences but I hope the content made sense.
Old 07-18-2020, 11:10 PM
Sarnak

I prefer my ranger over anything else, all day long. SoW, Tracking, good melee, heals, buffs. Way more fun for me. Get your OT hammer, and Tolan's BP and you can port all over the place!
Last edited by bricke75; 07-18-2020 at 11:19 PM..
Old 07-18-2020, 11:46 PM
Banned

Yah I want to play a ranger some day simply because they offer nice leveling options. Also with Velly spells you can apparently snare fear quite a bit.

Fairly cheap weapon options to start out with.

But as Snaggles said, Meta gamers only see in Clrs, Warriors and Rogues.
Old 07-18-2020, 11:48 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by White_knight [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
But as Snaggles said, Meta gamers only see in Clrs, Warriors and Rogues.
In my experience, all raids love Strength Like Nature and Call of the Predator. Plus we make good speed bumps [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-19-2020, 12:17 AM
Planar Protector

Absolutely play a ranger. Get some real gear and git gud
Old 07-19-2020, 12:56 AM
Planar Protector

Besides a nice array of buffs the amount of control a ranger has (if the player is trying) is insane. 3 roots, 2 snares, harmony and bind sight. Flame lick for snap aggro and weapon shield for 15 seconds while the raid comes up with plan #2 quick.

When I’m playing the pally I miss the ranger and visa versa. If you have a mild case of OCD these melee classes are the antidote.

All this said, I’m not saying other classes don’t have more flexibility/power moves than a ranger. I’m just saying it’s a class that’s quickly counted out but has some real sneaky tricks hidden in that spell book.
Old 07-19-2020, 03:59 AM
Planar Protector

Very cheap to gear to hit the 40s quickly. Skip the thurg quest armour, but the HoT stuff isn't too bad. The secondary epic is pretty easy. You’ll need to be patient for your dark cloak of the sky and earthcaller.

The twin epics, haste click and HoT+ armour really makes a ranger feel ‘complete’. I think some completionists would argue you need the bfg too.
Closed Thread