Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 09-22-2020, 11:29 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdrcfrx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's just a total coincidence that the culture of elf-litigation lawyerquesting, petitions, and overall pettiness, which was mostly dormant for nearly a year, happened to make a quick and speedy resurgence at the same time that AM 5.0 (now with more <Freedom>!) formed up. Surely, we can't link the two things. We can add to that coincidence that practice of coming to the forums to gloat about being super awesome at a videogame from the Clinton era, and of complaining about how not-awesome another group of elf-nerds is.

We're all so glad you're back, helping to make P99 a positive, healthy experience.
Please provide the statistics on how many petitions each raid entity has submitted in the last month?
Old 09-22-2020, 11:31 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fammaden [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Please provide the statistics on how many petitions each raid entity has submitted in the last month?
"Nah."
-Incubo, 2020
Old 09-22-2020, 11:35 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyborg [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is it possible he did something to the original Zipity and assumed his identity? This is like an episode of Murder She Wrote.
OP is the elf simulator version of Buffalo Bill.
Old 09-22-2020, 11:38 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by baakss [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
OP is the elf simulator version of Buffalo Bill.
It puts the pixels on its skin or else it gets the hose again.
Old 09-22-2020, 11:52 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdrcfrx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It puts the pixels on its skin or else it gets the hose again.
It cares to much about people being unhappy with riot?
Old 09-22-2020, 11:53 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
It's just a total coincidence that the culture of elf-litigation lawyerquesting, petitions, and overall pettiness, which was mostly dormant for nearly a year, happened to make a quick and speedy resurgence at the same time that AM 5.0 (now with more <Freedom>!) formed up. Surely, we can't link the two things. We can add to that coincidence that practice of coming to the forums to gloat about being super awesome at a videogame from the Clinton era, and of complaining about how not-awesome another group of elf-nerds is.

We're all so glad you're back, helping to make P99 a positive, healthy experience.
I love that you're going to pretend that the last 1.5 years has been some terrific experience on p99 for people who raid outside of Riot. Outside of the first month or two, Riot leadership has let the guild become a toxic entity.

There is another total coincidence that has also correlated with a higher frequency of petitions: Riot, for the first time in its existence, is losing some cycles and are bitter as fuck over it. Instead of the leadership in Riot stepping up and welcoming the competition they are filing 18 page legal briefs for why they have been wronged. I've seen some of them, and I'm still reeling from the cringe.

As always, Riot membership are generally cool as fuck. Riot leadership is failing its members and the server.
Old 09-22-2020, 12:15 PM
Kobold

Everyone, calm your titties!
Old 09-22-2020, 12:18 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyborg [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I love that you're going to pretend that the last 1.5 years has been some terrific experience on p99 for people who raid outside of Riot. Outside of the first month or two, Riot leadership has let the guild become a toxic entity.

There is another total coincidence that has also correlated with a higher frequency of petitions: Riot, for the first time in its existence, is losing some cycles and are bitter as fuck over it. Instead of the leadership in Riot stepping up and welcoming the competition they are filing 18 page legal briefs for why they have been wronged. I've seen some of them, and I'm still reeling from the cringe.

As always, Riot membership are generally cool as fuck. Riot leadership is failing its members and the server.
I'm not in Riot, and I can say pretty unequivocally that raiding was better after AM fucked off to go on permanent BBQ sabbatical, and has been worse since they've come back.

Example: Post-Green release, during the late fall 2019/early winter 2020, mobs like Eashen, and Ikkatiar were left untouched so other guilds could take a shot at learning the encounters, and even (heavens forbid) get some loot that would otherwise be unattainable.

Meanwhile, the first thing that <guild> did when it came back was trash the first golem race agreement, and snipe the sunday-afternoon Vindi that had been left up for (at the time Stream Team) for months. He's not a raid mob, after all - kiting him around for 10+ minutes to deny Stream Team was a mature, adult, thing to do.

I'm not , pretending Riot is without fault - they're certainly not. The zerg, being hungry, had a tendency to inhale almost everything. They can be condescending. They acted like they were benevolently dispensing favors when they would deign to let someone else have a thing. But the outsider's perspective is that they were more of a good-faith operator than <whatever you're calling yourselves these days>. The fact that in the face of that perception your reaction is essentially to say "no u," is telling.

Here's hoping Kunark on green draws you all back for BBQ round 2.
Old 09-22-2020, 12:38 PM
Planar Protector

Let me guess, you're in Kittens.
Old 09-22-2020, 12:45 PM
Fire Giant

inb4 another "led by wolves" post