Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 12-11-2020, 03:35 PM
Sarnak

been enough issues with footraces in other zones that I don't know making everything in ToV a footrace is really going to be a viable answer.

Since kael was turned to footraces, I think a grand total of six (6) different people have actually won an FTE? That doesn't seem like a really good distribution of opportunity.
Old 12-11-2020, 03:38 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdrcfrx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
been enough issues with footraces in other zones that I don't know making everything in ToV a footrace is really going to be a viable answer.

Since kael was turned to footraces, I think a grand total of six (6) different people have actually won an FTE? That doesn't seem like a really good distribution of opportunity.
Being first off line matters less in tov past aary
Old 12-11-2020, 04:41 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twochain [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You're probably the type of guy who says something really fucking awkward in real life during a confrontation and then goes home and thinks to themselves "I really got that mf this time"
lmao
Old 12-11-2020, 05:10 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdrcfrx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah, and one of those six had an angry / psychotic mental breakdown and trained another guild on their bot.

The pressure appears to be too much for some of them as it is.
Old 12-11-2020, 05:39 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by baakss [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The pressure appears to be too much for some of them as it is.
I guess hard times will do that to a person.
Old 12-11-2020, 05:41 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twochain [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The server doesn't want to race for mobs?

Sounds like RIOT doesn't want to try it out. I can't see any harm at all to test it out for a couple of months. I don't want to put words into anyone's mouth.... but I would be willing to bet that Freedom and Azure Guard would be willing to try it out for a few months.

And any guild outside of the big 3 mentioned who wouldn't be interested in racing for Tov mobs for a few months..... would probably be a little confused. All it takes is one person on the line. Kittens would easily be able to compete for most mobs in tov during prime time. Really any guild that could make enough alliances to get 60-70 people to tov would be able to have a real chance at every mob that spawns. At present moment, during primetime, realistically the only guild who could even attempt tov mobs outside of the main 3 is Kittens. And even then, it would have be to under the circumstance of a stalemate, or another more important mob spawning so they could snipe an aary or something like that.

My point is.... why wouldn't casuals like to participate in this? It gives them the best chance possible to secure a mob in tov.

Which leads me to......... only Riot not willing to try it out

I'd love input from anyone in a guild that is not riot/azure guard/freedom.
Who races for statue, KT, dain, ST and VP atm? Riot, AG / F, sometimes Kittens. When I see Dawn Believers, TSS, Lighthouse, Aegis and every other guild on the racelines, then we can say "ItSjUsTrIoTtHaTdOeSnTwAnTrAcEs" The casuals you say who want it, clearly dont in the areas that have it, so your point is kind of moot.
Old 12-11-2020, 05:43 PM
Sarnak

(also double post)

And we shouldn't raise the limit of racers because AG / F have shitters like Capi who will sit in front of mobs to leash them on purpose so they can get a new FTE. Fewer people = easier to prove shenanigans.
Old 12-11-2020, 06:05 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaizersoze [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
(also double post)

And we shouldn't raise the limit of racers because AG / F have shitters like Capi who will sit in front of mobs to leash them on purpose so they can get a new FTE. Fewer people = easier to prove shenanigans.
Lockouts would solve this issue
Old 12-11-2020, 06:07 PM
Kobold

Yeah, the vast majority of the server does not want races as evidenced by the fact that the vast majority of the server...doesn't race. All this crying for racing is just the handful of people losing trying to change the rules until they can find something that benefits them. I remember the previous iteration of Kael races taking place because of the same bitching and the same losers kept losing, changing their complaint from 'pixel detection super coth' to 'pixel detection auto race' or whatever. So then after even more complaining from the vocal minority, it got changed to coths in Kael again. And now we have racing in Kael again. The complaining never stops until one party feels they have a strict advantage with the current ruleset, and all we have are half ass ideas of 'competition' implemented with oversight that could be described as aloof and whimsical at best and nobody ever satisfied.

If I were you and I wanted to slay the big bad Riot beast, I would look at lobbying for some kind of ruleset that has a zerg tax. Bag limits were one idea that was thrown around, but that quickly breaks down when you consider that many people would just make alt guilds to try to grab more pieces of the pie, changing it from a guild with zerg numbers to a zerg number of guilds. I had a fun idea of having Tunare be decided by having a 'per capita' competition to see how many mob kills your guild could rack up in growth divided by the maximum number of players you had in zone at any time. Not really able to be tracked in any way that this would ever be a solution, but certainly something along these lines could be figured out by someone smarter and who cared more than I do that would then let any given entity compete for any given engagement.
Old 12-11-2020, 06:14 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarlmarxbros [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah, the vast majority of the server does not want races as evidenced by the fact that the vast majority of the server...doesn't race. All this crying for racing is just the handful of people losing trying to change the rules until they can find something that benefits them. I remember the previous iteration of Kael races taking place because of the same bitching and the same losers kept losing, changing their complaint from 'pixel detection super coth' to 'pixel detection auto race' or whatever. So then after even more complaining from the vocal minority, it got changed to coths in Kael again. And now we have racing in Kael again. The complaining never stops until one party feels they have a strict advantage with the current ruleset, and all we have are half ass ideas of 'competition' implemented with oversight that could be described as aloof and whimsical at best and nobody ever satisfied.

If I were you and I wanted to slay the big bad Riot beast, I would look at lobbying for some kind of ruleset that has a zerg tax. Bag limits were one idea that was thrown around, but that quickly breaks down when you consider that many people would just make alt guilds to try to grab more pieces of the pie, changing it from a guild with zerg numbers to a zerg number of guilds. I had a fun idea of having Tunare be decided by having a 'per capita' competition to see how many mob kills your guild could rack up in growth divided by the maximum number of players you had in zone at any time. Not really able to be tracked in any way that this would ever be a solution, but certainly something along these lines could be figured out by someone smarter and who cared more than I do that would then let any given entity compete for any given engagement.
None of the small guilds race because it's a live pull and no lockouts , small guilds can't /won't pre park and be ready on a whim. With lockouts and time they can kill anything. This whole "they don't race so fuck them" thing is dumb cause there is no lockouts . Can't compare yet. In 2017 when there was lockouts both rustle and AG ran (ag wasn't the AG of now and we're casual). Compare it to then if you wanna compare, most likely you didn't raid then tho neither did have the people in this thread.
Closed Thread