Old 01-19-2017, 09:49 AM
Aviak

This sounds familiar.

Awakened = Patriots
Hyjal = Tom Brady
Breaken = Bill Belichick ?
Old 01-19-2017, 09:55 AM
Orc

If you think something might be racist, it's probably racist. Same thing applies here. If you think something might be cheating, it's probably cheating. If you can't tell something might be cheating by manipulating underlying factors of race mechanics, I don't know what to tell you.

Time to move onto the next few stages of grief already.
Old 01-19-2017, 10:00 AM
Banned

It's funny to see the assholes who petition tracker FTE on a guy who zoned out and was simply pulling an uncontested mob cry about technicalities. Oh and the old class r to class c thing long ago which was like a second or two away from being a ffa mob. List goes on. It's just karma for being shitty people. There is more karma coming too.
Old 01-19-2017, 10:01 AM
Kobold

I am 100 percent sure none of you shitbags would be competitive on phinny. you cant play without cheating
Old 01-19-2017, 10:05 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So either they love unfair competition.. Or they don't love competition at all. And they desperately want us to agree to the former.
It is not unfair when AM starts it, Hjial from AW perfects it and both guilds had players doing it. More on Aftermath side, since their guildleader (Detoxx) despite doing the alt+tab jump he still petition it saying its against the rules. Shocking... the bullshit is strong. Atleast we from AW never thought it was a big deal since no 3rd party program or anything was been used. After Sirken clarification, we all stoped doing it. This last cycle noone (atleast in AW) did it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken View Post
It is not a server that allows you to just show up and press the "free loot" button, and it's not a server that rewards you for simply existing.
Old 01-19-2017, 10:13 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by maskedmelon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You are a retard if you didn't think this was an exploit no matter what guild you from
It's not for him to decide if it's an exploit, its up to the whim of dumbdumb sirken. I felt like screensharing was an exploit and I didnt want to do it, but Aftermath did it for every VP dragon they contested against us. Sirken didn't do shit about it, we were forced to keep up with the jones'. If we didn't screen share we were at a massive disadvantage.

Now take that same anecdote and replace screensharing with alt+tab jumping. Only this time BDA gets suspended at the end on a whim.
Originally Posted by Hollywood Hogan
The first thing you gotta' realize, brother, is this right here is the future of wrestling. You can call this the New World Order of Wrestling.
Old 01-19-2017, 10:37 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by maskedmelon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I get what you saying, Chest. Altering frame rates is exploiting game mechanics though because it is utilizing the software itself to achieve an unintended result. Screen sharing is something beyond the game and doesn't directly interact with the game.

Whether screen sharing is or is not an exploit though, I honestly do not see how anyone can believe that EQ developers intended for people to be able to move more quickly through the environment by manipulating game frame rates. That's what you arguing if you say it not an exploit and it just silly ^^ that is the point I was making ^^
But screen sharing violates one of the pillar rules of p99, one human per account. Screen sharing allows a guild to crowdsource visual tracking duties by giving multiple people access to a single account simultaneously. So now we have this grey area, my interpretation versus the staff interpretation. Not to mention this is something that isn't logged anywhere. Again you can take this idea and apply it to alt+tab jumping.

The p99 raid scene is an arms race and each new tactic is universally adopted and then one upped if possible. To ban awakened and not Aftermath when they both do the same crap reeeeeeks of bias and that's the real shame.
The first thing you gotta' realize, brother, is this right here is the future of wrestling. You can call this the New World Order of Wrestling.
Old 01-19-2017, 11:01 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Ok, ok, ok sorry, you just talking about rule violations in general. Gotcha ^^ I hadn't thought about screen sharing as violating the one player one account rule, I thought you were saying it an exploit. I do t know that it violates the one player one account rule though because, you not controlling the account.

But then if screensharing is ok then it should be ok if your friend logs in and parks somewhere so you can watch for a spawn on their screen while they sleep. I agree it does diminish social interaction a bit, but not to the extent that controlling another character does.

I would assume that Sirken views screen sharing simply as watching someone else playing, whether they doing anything or not since you cannot control the character.
One single bard playing bind sight song while screensharing allows dozens of people to share the tracking burden. Total circumvention of the one human per account concept. Now what if suddenly Sirken decided to agree with my line of thought about screen sharing and then suspended only Aftermath. Both guilds currently do it, both guilds have admitted to using the tactic in the past. Doesn't that sound absurd??

Now imagine she's white...
Now replace screensharing with alt+tab jumping
Old 01-19-2017, 11:08 AM
Orc

Quote:
A reasonable solution is for players to agree to stop doing it.
How does an agreement prove someone wasn't intentionally lowering their FPS to gain an advantage while jumping? It doesn't. Without a way to prove someone was breaking this agreement, it really has no weight, and is no solution.

Every professional athletes signs a contract stating they wont break the rules instated by the organization they play in. Yet there are those who still break the rules, despite agreeing that they wouldn't. How do we know they cheated? It wasn't the agreement - it was a method put in place to detect that they cheated - a drug test for example.

In our scenario, there is currently no reasonable method to detect if someone is intentionally lowering their FPS to gain an advantage while jumping. So how do we know that racers are honoring the agreement? If you think no one will cheat because they agreed they wouldn't, well [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-19-2017, 11:37 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just facts [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I get what you are saying but correct me if I'm wrong, isn't it the same as streaming, and isn't the lead GM doing it?
And haven't you and most of the server been one of the many people looking at that stream ?, and haven't most guild leaders been part of that stream setup? (you included).
We will prolly have better luck with trying to figure out a few easy to follow rules that are black and white, then saying you can not do this and that about stuff that can't be tracked.

I understand that the staff want to leave room for "onsite" calls so they can decide not to enforce something but as long as there is room for it, people will push the limits and as long as the rulings are not the same each time, if you do this, it will cost you xx time of suspension, personal and raid, we will have a RnF section with people posting look what they did etc etc.

But then again it's very clear that the RnF section seem to attract people that don't even play on the server anymore, and that might be a way to make sure p99 have alot of visitors each day.
A twitch stream has a delay, it wouldn't be useful for tracking unless it was some lazy uncontested target. When fractions of a second matter (enter why alt+tab jumping mattered) you need a real time feed which is why Skype and other programs like that are used. Also, a stream doesn't have the same intent as the idea of screensharing.
Closed Thread