Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 02-05-2021, 09:49 PM
Sarnak

Default Char

So, for some inexplicable reason, I can't edit certain wiki pages (attempting to save changes generates a 500 error whether I've actually made any changes or not). For example, when I was editing the Vocarate line of spells to account for the incorrect level requirements, I could edit all but one of them.

Currently, I am trying to edit Char, but it won't let me (yes, I'm signed in and have edited other pages recently, like the main magician page to reflect the information below). The mistake is that it shows it capping the damage out at level 57 @702. First of all, it only did 701 damage at level 57, but that actually doesn't matter because I hit 58 the other night and it now does 711. I've been trying to update the wiki ever since to reflect this, but have been unable to.

I am requesting someone else to do it. The changes that need to be made are:

- The description should read "Burns your target's skin with a charring flame, causing between 660 and 711 damage (2.90 DPM)."

- The spellSlotRow 1 line should read "Decrease Hitpoints by 660 (L52) to 711 (L58)"

I also think the bottom end is wrong, but I can't remember and don't plan on deleveling to find out :P.

Thanks in advance to whoever fixes the wiki entry.

I imagine the reason this wasn't fixed before was because the mana cost was incorrect before (it was set at 275) which made the DPM worse than Lava Bolt. There would have been no reason to buy/mem the spell if that were the case, being strictly worse so probably nobody bothered to check.
Last edited by Sabin76; 02-05-2021 at 09:53 PM..
Old 02-09-2021, 01:03 PM
Sarnak

82 views and not a single person actually spent the 30 seconds it would take to edit the page?

Here, I'll make it take only 15 seconds:

https://wiki.project1999.com/Char
Old 02-09-2021, 07:59 PM
Fire Giant

re·tard·ed
Old 02-10-2021, 08:06 PM
Kobold

I'm sure we all appreciate your attempt to correct the wiki. What's holding me back is I don't know that you're right. Note this is not the same as saying you're wrong or saying I don't believe you.

I would need to test it myself before I'd be comfortable hacking away at an existing entry and I don't play a magician.
Old 02-11-2021, 12:48 AM
Sarnak

Yeah, I don't feel comfortable changing information I don't personally know about and can personally verify.
Closed Thread