Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-07-2014, 04:06 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucia Moonglow [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If people want to argue that melees are worse now than they were on live, that's one thing, but you'll need to offer solid evidence, like confirmed parsings from classic EQ, in order to get things changed.

The people arguing from a balance perspective: Rogean has stated straight up that his goal is to emulate and duplicate classic EQ as much as possible, regardless of the impact on the community. He has straight up stated that he doesn't care about appeasing the player base, or addressing balance issues, or fixing broken mechanics or skills.

If something was imbalanced, broken, or missing in classic, then it's going to be the same way here if at all possible. That's just the way it is, whether we agree with that philosophy or not.
Well this is clearly not true since he allows outright racist names that never would have been allowed in classic. I don't have 15 year old parses. Things were broken in classic it took time to fix them. Going back to broken mechanics that they went and fixed later is silly and not classic just broken.
Old 12-07-2014, 04:14 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime7795 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well this is clearly not true since he allows outright racist names that never would have been allowed in classic. I don't have 15 year old parses. Things were broken in classic it took time to fix them. Going back to broken mechanics that they went and fixed later is silly and not classic just broken.
While I agree with you, the devs of P99 do not, and have bluntly stated so.

Look at class-based XP penalties. When EQ game out, the knowledge of group roles wasn't well-known, so the devs ran on the assumption that a hybrid of warrior and druid, or warrior and cleric, was more powerful and more versatile than either parent class, so a massive 40% penalty was applied.

Then, after EQ was out for a while, they realized that each group member has a role to play, and that specialization is just as valuable as versatility, so they removed the class-based penalties because they weren't relevant to the MMO dynamic.

Yet, here we are with class penalties because they were present in classic EQ. Even though the community and even the creators of the game themselves admitted they screwed that one up, here it is, because there it was.
Last edited by Lucia Moonglow; 12-07-2014 at 05:15 AM..
Old 12-07-2014, 06:08 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime7795 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Racism is pretty classic and seems to only be getting worse with each passing year..

Oh humanity.. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-07-2014, 06:22 AM
Banned

yeah, its the typical shitty nerf everything and then when people say its wrong tell them to dig up evidence. How about the shitty devs dig up evidence before breaking the game. roflcopter

And im sorry, but the FD fix doesn't make up for the nerf, maybe if you are a shitty monk player it does, but not for people who master the class
Old 12-07-2014, 08:00 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxicboy123 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Happened to mine as well. DBs use to be easier, now fighting a DB i normally would kill, is taking ALOT more hp off me and sometimes forcing to me FD and rest to full and try again
Sounds more classic, but whyyy we love monks!
Old 12-07-2014, 09:48 AM
Aviak

You really don't have any justification to complain like you are here apio. You are playing a 100% free game. A game that only exists because of the Devs. Criticize devs in a game where your subscription pays their salary all you want. If you were to take that attitude with these devs in public face-to-face im pretty sure your approach would be different or it would be likely met with a jab to the jiblets. Grow up bro, you are embarrassing yourself.

" How about the shitty devs dig up evidence before breaking the game." - apio

Really dude? You and your generation are really becoming intolerable. Go fuck yourself you entitled little cunt.

I bet you think you should be paid $15/hr at your fast-food job too.
Last edited by Calibretto; 12-07-2014 at 10:11 AM..
Old 12-07-2014, 10:35 AM
Sarnak

Everyone ITT that thinks I'm concerned with Monk ability to solo needs to learn to read. I soloed guards in HK, every other level after 6 or so I was grouped. I'm talking about being overshadowed in group dynamics.

If a class doesn't have something they excel at, I feel like that's a problem. Rangers track and have bows, SK can tank and are master agro machines, etc. Every other class has its niche, and monks are overshadowed by both tanks and dps. I even see charmed enchanter pets doing damage on par with me in the group, making my presence redundant.

I already sold all my gear and rolled a chanter. At least I'll have a defined purpose for my class. Inb4 monks pull, lol pulling alone doesn't make a class enjoyable, it's more work for less reward.
Old 12-07-2014, 10:42 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayzor84 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Everyone ITT that thinks I'm concerned with Monk ability to solo needs to learn to read. I soloed guards in HK, every other level after 6 or so I was grouped. I'm talking about being overshadowed in group dynamics.

If a class doesn't have something they excel at, I feel like that's a problem. Rangers track and have bows, SK can tank and are master agro machines, etc. Every other class has its niche, and monks are overshadowed by both tanks and dps. I even see charmed enchanter pets doing damage on par with me in the group, making my presence redundant.

I already sold all my gear and rolled a chanter. At least I'll have a defined purpose for my class. Inb4 monks pull, lol pulling alone doesn't make a class enjoyable, it's more work for less reward.
Well, fair enough...but this thread belongs back in 2000...thats what monks were in classic EQ.

For all its pros and cons (and some will say either about the following fact), EQ wasn't known for having class balance. Depending on era some classes were definitely "less useful" (to use a kind way of describing it) than others. Even within that framework, monks are hardly the worst off in classic EQ.
Old 12-07-2014, 10:44 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by apio [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
yeah, its the typical shitty nerf everything and then when people say its wrong tell them to dig up evidence. How about the shitty devs dig up evidence before breaking the game. roflcopter

And im sorry, but the FD fix doesn't make up for the nerf, maybe if you are a shitty monk player it does, but not for people who master the class
You're lucky the shitty devs don't ban your IP for this sort of attitude. Perhaps you should be more concerned with mastering basic social skills than mastering the monk class. Learn to appreciate those who have paid for your meal you petulant fuck.
Old 12-07-2014, 11:28 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by stakha [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You're lucky the shitty devs don't ban your IP for this sort of attitude. Perhaps you should be more concerned with mastering basic social skills than mastering the monk class. Learn to appreciate those who have paid for your meal you petulant fuck.
^Exactly what I was thinking
Closed Thread