Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-22-2016, 03:58 AM
Planar Protector

I want to say Lanys was Dec 99....

Nuggie / Celelilly / Zackattacker - not guilded <TAKP>
RETIRED Nuggiemag - <Sodden Seakings> formerly Ironborn

Nuggie - Undead Mage on Old Blanchy (Classic WoW)
RETIRED - Nuggie / Celelilly / Conavar - <Omni> formerly <Vesica Dei> P99
Duggie/Wuggie <Mythic Legends> EQ1-Lanys

On to the Future in Pantheon
Old 06-22-2016, 05:12 AM
Sarnak

The shitfest this server would have had if the pop was double...

Blue that is, red is dead right? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-22-2016, 06:40 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So scummy when they stopping showing population.
Yes! It was like "what are you trying to hide, is the active player population decreasing?"

I played on The Tribunal when I started (picked it because I was playing a Barbarian Shaman, so it seemed fitting) and I remember being really happy with our server size, it always had a considerably lower population than the biggest servers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by guinness [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I remember peak hours being about 2000-2500
This is also what I recall.
Old 06-22-2016, 07:57 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'd say it was later than that. I was on Prexus when I started (December 1999) and did jump to Lanys but it was more than 2 weeks after I'd been messing around making 10 characters and being indecisive [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-22-2016, 08:59 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkanjil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What's funny is that when this server first launched back in 2009 and we had a pop of 100 to eventually 150 through December, the server felt well populated [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I love the numbers we have now, it feels just about right. Looking forward to seeing the numbers on a green99 server though [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Can't wait for green server, I plan on poopsocking as hard as I can up to 60 as life schedule allows. I didn't hear about P1999 until like 5 years after it released, and while I started on Innoruuk in May of 1999 I was a hardcore altoholic and didn't even hit level 20 until after Kunark had dropped so I kind of missed the classic boat in some ways.
Old 06-22-2016, 10:42 AM
Planar Protector

Holgresh Elder Beads? You ain't seen nothing yet on the manastone / guise camps [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-22-2016, 10:51 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollhide [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Can't wait for green server, I plan on poopsocking as hard as I can up to 60 as life schedule allows. I didn't hear about P1999 until like 5 years after it released, and while I started on Innoruuk in May of 1999 I was a hardcore altoholic and didn't even hit level 20 until after Kunark had dropped so I kind of missed the classic boat in some ways.
There will be no "green server", too bad for you.
Old 06-22-2016, 10:56 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
http://www.zlizeq.com/Game_Informati...s_and_Versions
Old 06-22-2016, 11:03 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawdad [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not to sound like Daldaen but that's an awful chart. Lanys didn't launch in 1999 with the launch servers.

(neither did Luclin, or Vazaelle, or Zebuxoruk, or Maelin Starpyre... holy shit there's a long list of errors)
Last edited by Swish; 06-22-2016 at 11:05 AM..
Old 06-22-2016, 11:35 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not to sound like Daldaen but that's an awful chart. Lanys didn't launch in 1999 with the launch servers.
Lanys absolutely launched in 1999. I started in Dec 99 and it was the only server I ever played on. It was fairly new at the time