Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 06-27-2018, 06:51 AM
Sarnak

Default Teamviewer and P99

Hi,

I fooled around some on TAK Project just to remind myself how much I disslike boxing [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I wanted to check my trader from work and figured I try to connect with Teamviewer. Doing so to p99 is almost unplayable due to heavy lagg and I always thought that it was TW that caused this, my work comp can handle the EQ graffic np. So I was expecting the same when connecting to TAKP character and to my big supprice it ran almoast as good as when I'm sitting at home.

Anyone have any idea why? P99 is much smoother and better looking that TAKP when at home but with TW from work its almost vice versa?
Old 06-27-2018, 09:46 AM
Banned

ForumQuest from work like the rest of us ��

try another remote tool?
Old 06-27-2018, 11:56 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoop [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Anyone have any idea why? P99 is much smoother and better looking that TAKP when at home but with TW from work its almost vice versa?
This is purely speculative, but the most obvious answer is that TAKP is cool with boxing, while P99 is anti-boxing.

What's a great way to two-box if the P99 IP limit keeps you from two-boxing from your one box? Two-box using ... two boxes. Leave a box at your work/friend's house/mom's house and use TW (or VNC, or whatever) to access it. Violla, now you have your cleric bot on TW ready to keep your main alive without ever having to deal with any of those pesky fellow humans players.

So then, if you're professionals like Rogean and Nilbog, you have almost total control of the client computer (via the anti-cheat stuff), and you don't want the above to happen ... what do you do?

Again, totally speculative, but I'd guess that this is a "feature" not a bug.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LulzSect© [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
ForumQuest from work like the rest of us

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 06-27-2018 at 12:00 PM..
Old 06-27-2018, 12:00 PM
Planar Protector

I have successfully used TW for p99. The most you can do is type and type cast spells though.

I think it is a client issue not part of the anticheat system.

If I had to speculate it’s got something to do with the way the game handles the directX.

Tupakk-57 Bard(Raid Whore)Afeni-45 Druid (Dial a Port Leadership) |Forums|Facebook| Lumumba-60 Rogue(DaP Security)/(Nocterma Member) & Department of Fun Promoter
Old 06-28-2018, 12:54 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tupakk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have successfully used TW for p99. The most you can do is type and type cast spells though.

I think it is a client issue not part of the anticheat system.

If I had to speculate it’s got something to do with the way the game handles the directX.
Awhile ago I did manage to camp and loot Staff of Dreaded Gaze while working using TW. But like you say, cast spell and send in pet is mostly whats doable.

Anyway, then I know its not only me thnx
Old 06-28-2018, 01:01 AM
Planar Protector

Yeah if you have macros on your hot bar and pre set up ur stuff. It’s easy. But mouse looking and walking/running or distances is out of the question. You will just end up staring at the sky or floor lol.

But to afk kill something isn’t to bad of you can FD close to his body while it’s being killed.

The few time I’ve used it was just to pop on and talk to someone real fast or log in while I was walking in the door when the computer was upstairs and I was downstairs sort of thing. Now a days I don’t need it cause I’m all on one floor.

Tupakk-57 Bard(Raid Whore)Afeni-45 Druid (Dial a Port Leadership) |Forums|Facebook| Lumumba-60 Rogue(DaP Security)/(Nocterma Member) & Department of Fun Promoter
Old 06-28-2018, 02:46 AM
Kobold

I've been turning around these solutions since IT security won't allow the DLL in white list and I can't play from work anymore.

I've tried :
- Teamviewer : can't "play". You can indeed move a very little bit around, and press keys. So tunnelquest or chat or buff but you hardly can even move the mouse so even buffing is sometimes hard if you can't target.
- Chrome remote desktop : much better but you still can't play. Also for some reason screen stays black after laptop goes in standby. You have to relog.
- A VM on the computer : works well but manages very poorly the mouse sensitivity and gamma. Basically : mouse wayyyyy to quick so freelook impossible and also you don't see anything even with light enhancements.

So now... Well, I work at work ;D
Old 06-28-2018, 09:46 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ssouky [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've been turning around these solutions since IT security won't allow the DLL in white list and I can't play from work anymore.

I've tried :
- Teamviewer : can't "play". You can indeed move a very little bit around, and press keys. So tunnelquest or chat or buff but you hardly can even move the mouse so even buffing is sometimes hard if you can't target.
- Chrome remote desktop : much better but you still can't play. Also for some reason screen stays black after laptop goes in standby. You have to relog.
- A VM on the computer : works well but manages very poorly the mouse sensitivity and gamma. Basically : mouse wayyyyy to quick so freelook impossible and also you don't see anything even with light enhancements.

So now... Well, I work at work ;D
Get yourself a surface. One of our traveling guys says it works well.

Old 06-28-2018, 03:01 PM
Planar Protector

Works fine on my Surface - only issue is the scroll to control camera zoom doesn't work. Fortunately I rarely go out of first person mode anyway.

-Mcoy