Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-01-2018, 11:25 AM
Fire Giant

Default PoM Cubby level requirement? Aggro stuff

It's been a while, now that pom cubby binds in ntov are gone. unless you have a necro or lowbie rezbot in case your mage dies(i have a necro able to EE rez just in case but prefer not to) I am wondering what the min level people coth up there without getting aggro. I know 55s+ are just fine, i think even 54? I do remember doing some coths back in the day and getting aggro bringing 51 52s up, but I DON'T recall if it was because the flurry drake pather was going by at a bad time and saw them.

Anyone know the min safe level to do it, assuming you avoid the pather that can get in line of sight to aggro people below 55 easier then higher levels? Someone spoke of starting to camp at a certain time, so call of hero hits you just at 1-3 seconds left and you log out. Wait for mage to safely camp out, then make a dash for click in. To me this sounds like you would likely just die upon logging in before you even got a chance to turn and click the house?

Any suggestions or tips? this is assuming all the spawns are up, and the pather is up too(just wait for him to pass so its safer)
Old 07-01-2018, 11:42 AM
Sarnak

I've had 52 toons of mine coth'd up fine.
Old 07-01-2018, 12:36 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by syztem [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's been a while, now that pom cubby binds in ntov are gone. unless you have a necro or lowbie rezbot in case your mage dies(i have a necro able to EE rez just in case but prefer not to) I am wondering what the min level people coth up there without getting aggro. I know 55s+ are just fine, i think even 54? I do remember doing some coths back in the day and getting aggro bringing 51 52s up, but I DON'T recall if it was because the flurry drake pather was going by at a bad time and saw them.

Anyone know the min safe level to do it, assuming you avoid the pather that can get in line of sight to aggro people below 55 easier then higher levels? Someone spoke of starting to camp at a certain time, so call of hero hits you just at 1-3 seconds left and you log out. Wait for mage to safely camp out, then make a dash for click in. To me this sounds like you would likely just die upon logging in before you even got a chance to turn and click the house?

Any suggestions or tips? this is assuming all the spawns are up, and the pather is up too(just wait for him to pass so its safer)
Most of the people selling say 55+ in their auction.
Old 07-01-2018, 12:36 PM
Planar Protector

Red face

I swear I got my coth at 52 and sent up lots myself, but last I tried a 52 we got straight murdered, so now I dunno. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-01-2018, 12:54 PM
Fire Giant

Yeah its why im a bit mixed on it, I just cannot remember if the people 52-53 etc were dying because the flurry drake pather went by(seems to have a larger aggro radius, and when he gets farther away your visible to him opposed to the statics being line of sighted)
Old 07-01-2018, 12:56 PM
Aviak

Last auction i saw in ec today, by "Thnx" was 52+
Old 07-01-2018, 03:18 PM
Fire Giant

Curious, hopefully more feedback. Cause I have def seen 52s die before, as well as 53s. Just really no idea if it was bad timing with pather or insta aggro from nearby statics.
Old 07-01-2018, 04:30 PM
Fire Giant

54 still had too far of an agro range to be comfortable.
Old 07-01-2018, 04:51 PM
Fire Giant

I took my necro in at like 52. I had harmshield and quivering veil ready, just in case, but I didn't need to use them.

Just make to hold still when you get summoned and wait for the magician to log out. They'll probably have it timed to summon you after the pather goes by, with enough time for them to cast, camp out, and for you to get to the castle before it comes back.
Old 07-01-2018, 05:26 PM
Fire Giant

Yeah I have had no problems taking up monks and necros/sk since FD. they can stay feigned until im safely out. I will wait for a few more posts if any with more advice, if nothing can be confirmed about pather or true min level range

(maybe it can have to do with level + race? ie a fat ogre tucked in, but still large enough to be partially in LoS) as opposed to say, a gnome, who gets called into the corner halfway into the wall like I already am.

but if no one knows for sure, I might just risk it and if i get killed ill just rez the mage, and the 53 will have to wait 7 days and get a corpse summon unless they want to run back to tov w a necro.
Closed Thread