Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 05-14-2013, 09:14 PM
Kobold

Default Hardest Video Games

So I was browsing the Internet and saw a site talking about the hardest video games of all time. I started looking through other similar lists and no mention of EQ... I feel like original EQ got totally snubbed and is much more challenging than many games on these lists.

http://www.askmen.com/top_10/videoga...-all-time.html
Last edited by Vaildez; 05-14-2013 at 09:17 PM..
Old 05-14-2013, 09:31 PM
Planar Protector

eq isnt known for its skill cap, its known as a time sink. wasting time != hard.
Old 05-14-2013, 09:34 PM
Planar Protector

MMOs will never be included because these really "most difficult games to complete" which you obviously can't do with EQ.
Old 05-14-2013, 09:36 PM
Planar Protector

I don't see how Lost Levels could possibly make that list. Also I think Bart's Nightmare belongs somewhere on a "hardest games" list. That game is insane.
Lardna Minch, 18 Warrior

Project 1999 (PvP):
[50 (sometimes 49) Bard] Wolfram Alpha (Half Elf) ZONE: oasis
Old 05-14-2013, 09:43 PM
Sarnak

Demon Souls / Dark Souls - great games, bloody hard games!
Old 05-14-2013, 09:45 PM
Planar Protector

QWOP

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/H90UFbpR8Rk?version=3&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/H90UFbpR8Rk?version=3&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>
Last edited by MrSparkle001; 05-14-2013 at 10:02 PM..
Old 05-14-2013, 09:59 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masakizt [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Demon Souls / Dark Souls - great games, bloody hard games!
ya good games. ive been playing dark souls again for weeks now. love the pvp
Old 05-14-2013, 10:21 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazortag [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't see how Lost Levels could possibly make that list. Also I think Bart's Nightmare belongs somewhere on a "hardest games" list. That game is insane.
Yeah I didn't get Lost Levels, it's only like slightly harder than Mario 1. The article also says the poison mushrooms look exactly the same as good mushrooms, but I don't remember it being like that at all. Kaizo Mario makes Lost Levels look like a bitch.
Old 05-14-2013, 10:32 PM
Kobold

Well as far as MMOs go EQ is way harder than any other I've played and it goes way beyond the time sink. Most other games you can just run around without needing to pay attention to your surroundings. Also the stiff death penalties and corpse retrieval make it a biatch.
Old 05-14-2013, 11:18 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaildez [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So I was browsing the Internet and saw a site talking about the hardest video games of all time. I started looking through other similar lists and no mention of EQ... I feel like original EQ got totally snubbed and is much more challenging than many games on these lists.
There's nothing difficult about any MMO's, Like Samwise said they are timesinks, EQ may be the most skill intensive but you're comparing basic motor function (EQ) to a paraplegic (WoW).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazortag [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Final stage of Lost Levels is a PITA, I can see it getting on the list for that alone, the rest was simply Megaman level annoyingly hard.
Closed Thread