Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-26-2013, 10:39 PM
Aviak

^ just keeps getting better lol

But yeah, its clear that the current system only satisfies a few players at the top level that like pixel collections. Level 1-59 where people try to have fun..it just ain't happening. The grind is brutal with hard to kill twinks that aren't worth dealing with.
Old 05-26-2013, 10:41 PM
Planar Protector

Nirgon, if you don't take yourself seriously no one else will either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike Spiegel [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thats the first argument justifying current red99 pvp situation...that the camp itself is a reward in and of itself.

The problem is that this type of reward only applies to level 60, where people can actually fight for camps.

Noobs always group up for camps on this small server, and then possibly get banished by a twink, and there is no risk for fighting these guys.

Item loot (or something else) could make level 1-59 better, which is where this server needs growth. It already has the dedicated level 60 raid guild and those players. We need the rest of people here just for fun.

Server pop can't really get any worse. I think Item loot could revitalize the entire level 1-59 game. Yes it will change the level 60 game, and guys that like the status quo (even with no pop) may not be happy...but for a lot of us I think it offers some interesting opportunities.

Lol nirgon
This really might make some sense on paper, but in actuality I don't think it would work out. People don't like losing their gear, especially if it's to twinks they don't stand a chance against. Many players really would just stop wearing gear, or stop logging in altogether.

Red99
Old 05-26-2013, 10:57 PM
Aviak

The guys getting pooped on by twinks and quitting server have essentially no gear anyways.

I vow to keep all noobs in unrest equipped with full banded, and will pharm those hp/mana bracelets in unrest while i keep an eye on those noobs..if item loot happens.

Seriously, until level 40 I didn't have a single piece of gear I could give a crap about. With item loot guys just invest in their held items if they do have any plats.

I know what you're saying though, but I think in this community, the rulesets seen on bluer PVP boxes, and Vallon Zek and Tallon Zek and sullon zek on live really don't work. These PKs are master dominators of the post Live eq world and there is no community and no honor at work here.

But you're right. It could backfire I guess.. but I can't see really anything damaging the server more than it is now other than just straight up deleting it..that would lose us all the nihilum guys which have really been a pillar, for better or worse.
Old 05-26-2013, 11:03 PM
Banned

Love to see how fast wheelchair levels with no single pulling with invis, no item recharging or getting full pet xp by having someone grouped but not in the zone
Old 05-26-2013, 11:04 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faerie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nirgon, if you don't take yourself seriously no one else will either.

This really might make some sense on paper, but in actuality I don't think it would work out. People don't like losing their gear, especially if it's to twinks they don't stand a chance against. Many players really would just stop wearing gear, or stop logging in altogether.
We got it you want another game just like WoW riskless pvp
Old 05-26-2013, 11:05 PM
Banned

No one's here to play real red server EverQuest. They just got run off blue for doing the same shit they did here.
Old 05-26-2013, 11:16 PM
Aviak

It's funny item loot is a deal breaker for some. Shows who the true cowards are.
Old 05-26-2013, 11:44 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Hello,

I never post on this forum, but I started playing EQ at launch, and played until I graduated highschool. I still keep tabs on the game, and have gone back and forth with a couple emu servers before. Wanted to come back to the game when RED launched, but wanted to see hot it went first

For what it's worth, as a person on the outside looking in, and as someone who has been the abusive twink/ been abused by abusive twinks, there is no way that I would consider investing my time into this server without item loss. To me, the OP is correct in that there is absolutely no incentive for PVP without any chance of reward.

It wouldn't take much to tip the odds, stalk a solo or small group or twinks, wait for them to engage mob, kill them when they're low. viola. In shadowbane I thieved an amulet that was worth millions of gold, getting chased for the following hour, and ultimately getting away, was a highlight of my gaming experience. If you want to play non-risk pvp why not just fire up a console fighting game :-\
Old 05-26-2013, 11:44 PM
Planar Protector

wtb a time machine to 2004
Old 05-27-2013, 12:02 AM
Planar Protector

Item loot is a horrible idea on any serious emu. Don't get me wrong, I think it's really fun, but when you impose harsh penalties for dying in pvp, then any time someone dies to a bug, a gank, or any situation they think is 'unfair', they get frustrated and are much more likely to ragequit. I'm all for having permadeath, item loot, and all sorts of crazy hardcore shit on a pvp server, but I know I'm in the minority and most casual players don't find that appealing.

Just one example: sometimes there's a bug where another player doesn't appear in the same zone (ie, you never see them in zone, can't target them, they don't appear on /who, etc). When I used to play, I personally had gotten free kills on a few people who just never saw me in zone, and they had no idea why their health was getting lower and lower for seemingly no reason. These kills weren't a big deal because all the other players lost were a bit of exp and whatever plat they were carrying on them. If the server had item loot though, then they could possibly lose their t-crown, trak BP, or whatever other insanely valuable droppable item they were wearing. What's a player going to do in that situation? Petition the GM's for their item back?

I'm not saying item loot can never work, but this server needs a lot more bugs fixed before it can ever be considered - and even then, most players find it a little too harsh of a death penalty and would be discouraged from playing.
Lardna Minch, 18 Warrior

Project 1999 (PvP):
[50 (sometimes 49) Bard] Wolfram Alpha (Half Elf) ZONE: oasis
Closed Thread