Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 05-25-2012, 03:37 AM
Orc

Default Monk Special Attacks? Any point?

I'm pretty sure I already know the answer to this question, but I saw no information confirming nor denying my theory on this one. But is there any difference between the monk special attacks (kick, round kick, eagle strike, tiger strike, dragon punch, flying kick / tail rake) or are they just upgrades of the previous versions? Is there any reason at all to skill up earlier skills?
Old 05-25-2012, 06:25 AM
Aviak

For the most part they are just upgrades from the previous version. However, some of the Disciplines effect some of the lower level skills. So it's worth looking at those and getting those skills leveled up.
Old 05-25-2012, 09:27 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth781 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm pretty sure I already know the answer to this question, but I saw no information confirming nor denying my theory on this one. But is there any difference between the monk special attacks (kick, round kick, eagle strike, tiger strike, dragon punch, flying kick / tail rake) or are they just upgrades of the previous versions? Is there any reason at all to skill up earlier skills?
Also whether Kick abilities or Punch abilities can hit magic targets (willowisps, ghouls and whatnot) depends on their respective item slot being 'magic'. I remember when first leveling my monk, I didn't have magic gloves for a while and always had to kick the 'magic' mobs.
Old 05-25-2012, 01:53 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by formallydickman [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Also whether Kick abilities or Punch abilities can hit magic targets (willowisps, ghouls and whatnot) depends on their respective item slot being 'magic'. I remember when first leveling my monk, I didn't have magic gloves for a while and always had to kick the 'magic' mobs.
Wait... if my gloves are magical does that mean my basic punch autoattack can hit magical creatures now?
Old 05-25-2012, 02:02 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth781 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wait... if my gloves are magical does that mean my basic punch autoattack can hit magical creatures now?
Nope, fists become a magical weapon at level 30.
Old 05-25-2012, 02:12 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qian [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nope, fists become a magical weapon at level 30.
That's what I figured but aparently magic foot wear allows me to kick a wisp and mean it. Doesn't make sense when you think about it, but oh well.
Old 05-25-2012, 03:36 PM
Kobold

Quote:
yes
Old 05-25-2012, 03:42 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maze [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
yes
crap, your right, I did not look hard enough...
Old 05-26-2012, 02:23 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qian [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
crap, your right, I did not look hard enough...
Speaking of which, any easy way to get spiderling silk anywhere near the Qeynos area? I'd love to start my tailoring career so I can get the Wu's stuff eventually, but I haven't been able to get a steady supply of silk.
Old 05-26-2012, 05:45 PM
Large Rat

Quote:
Speaking of which, any easy way to get spiderling silk anywhere near the Qeynos area? I'd love to start my tailoring career so I can get the Wu's stuff eventually, but I haven't been able to get a steady supply of silk.
Try Everfrost.

The only abilities that cause disciplines to get better are kick (laugh), dragon punch, and flying kick, if I remember correctly. Most people stick with one, and that one being flying kick because they all use the same cooldown, and it looks the coolest. Also, you can crit with flying kick at some point, I believe (that may be the disc, actually).
Closed Thread