Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-13-2012, 05:39 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secrets [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Better idea: Integrate IRC ingame like EQEmu used to have.

problem solved
Secrets I <3 U. Wouldn't this involve some kind of staff involvement, though? I'm trying to point out that there are really simple solutions to the OOC problem that don't require any staff approval / development work.
Old 04-13-2012, 05:50 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by fauxreigner [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is it incredibly important for this feature to be integrated into the game itself instead of using an IRC client?
Yah, it is. How many features should we pointlessly defer to third-party programs that have low conversion rates?

Being forced to trade on the forum instead of /auction in game is also bad. Merchantquest is far far better on the blue server atm due in part because it has active /auction.

This is a five minute change to the source code and should have been turned on months ago. The server already has less people than one zone did back on live anyway, so it doesn't even need to be called "global" chat anymore. It can just be "chat that gets used for intended purpose".
Old 04-13-2012, 06:20 PM
Planar Protector

we had it in beta.... what was the problem there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOD
"I will honor those who honor Me, but those who despise Me will be disgraced." HCSB 1 Samuel 2:30
Old 04-13-2012, 07:24 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darwoth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
lot easier to have an in game channel than it is to wait for people to download an irc client (isnt like the old days where everybody used irc) and for some of the younger folks learn how to use it/configure/whatever.

essentially how many people participate in something is directly proportionate to how much of a pain in the ass it is. this universal law of truth can be applied to anything, a good example is the 500 people that quit when they remembered how much of a pain in the ass levelling in eq was.
Darwoth
Banned

posted today means he was just banned

this guy never says anything wrong , always constructive info , and harrison is here poisoning the forum and un banned

who the fuck is running this forum?
Old 04-13-2012, 07:32 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by samimnot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Darwoth
Banned

posted today means he was just banned

this guy never says anything wrong , always constructive info , and harrison is here poisoning the forum and un banned

who the fuck is running this forum?
He had a 6 paragraph long post about how black people are evil and the usual KKK stuff you can read around these here parts. My guess is that he got banned for that, but who knows.
Old 04-13-2012, 07:40 PM
Orc

I don't think it was so much his initial pro-racism rant so much as it was the insults he later posted about Amelinda for locking said rant.
Old 04-13-2012, 07:47 PM
Banned

Ya lets find another retarded implementation of global OOC without actual global OOC.
Old 04-13-2012, 07:47 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secrets [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Better idea: Integrate IRC ingame like EQEmu used to have.

problem solved
See secrets knows what's up
Old 04-14-2012, 12:05 AM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tradesonred [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
lol but what would be the point of this instead of implementing global, or am i missing something
IRC has rate limits, better security options for voicing people, and other things that can be considered useful.

“Knowing yourself is the beginning of all wisdom.” — Aristotle
Old 04-14-2012, 09:54 AM
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to Truth Send a message via AIM to Truth Send a message via MSN to Truth Send a message via Yahoo to Truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by samimnot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
harrison is here poisoning the forum and un banned
Closed Thread