Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

View Poll Results: First class on fresh green?
Bard 34 8.33%
Cleric 26 6.37%
Druid 39 9.56%
Enchanter 53 12.99%
Magician 28 6.86%
Monk 17 4.17%
Necromancer 47 11.52%
Paladin 18 4.41%
Ranger 12 2.94%
Rogue 11 2.70%
Shadow knight 15 3.68%
Shaman 44 10.78%
Warrior 15 3.68%
Wizard 25 6.13%
Won't play on a new server 24 5.88%
Voters: 408. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-15-2023, 03:16 PM
Planar Protector

Default What class will you roll first on a fresh server?

What will you be rolling on a fresh green at launch?
[XX Rogue] Hailto (Half-Elf)
Red:
[21 Wizard] Hailto (Dark-Elf)
Old 02-15-2023, 03:31 PM
Planar Protector

2/10 no bush/towers option
Old 02-15-2023, 03:52 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
2/10 no bush/towers option

This was a missed opportunity I agree, that's some classic rnf polling
Red:
Old 02-15-2023, 04:00 PM
Planar Protector

id prob go wiz

only class ive yet to play

somewhat "better" on a fresh server when there is zero twinked melees, damage and utility a bit more relevant

ports

manastone

always strong in the raid scene
Last edited by Toxigen; 02-15-2023 at 04:05 PM..
Old 02-15-2023, 04:07 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
id prob go wiz

only class ive yet to play

somewhat "better" on a fresh server when there is zero twinked melees, damage and utility a bit more relevant

ports

manastone

always strong in the raid scene
What your fav class? You got a lot of 60s
Red:
Old 02-15-2023, 04:11 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hailto [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What your fav class? You got a lot of 60s
i mean if i were to tryhard a fresh server (wouldnt) and get ahead it would be enchanter, 100%

was my first char, my main, and by far the most capable of any class and its not even close

Venice's "project lightning" is a testament to how strong wizards can be, even in late Velious. Guess I've played everything else, would be time to be the underdog.
Old 02-15-2023, 04:12 PM
Sarnak

IF we get a new server…

Cleric is fun with a lot of fresh groups, until you realize outdoor ZEM buffs ruined grouping and everyone’s a cleric.

Necro is the perfect class until you reqlize you can’t pick iksar.

Mage is a poor choice early due to broken pet research. Also, you can’t do the cool dungeon solo camps and you’ll never get your epic.

Enchanter is the best class but we already knew that and decided not to play enchanter for whatever reason.

Bard is great pre-kunark despite XP-penalty. Can charm and be a bad boy, who needs manasongs? But, no need for guise or manastone.

Paladin seems fun. Cool quests and all. Warriors sorta suck in classic too. XP-penalty hurts. No gate, otherwise neat class.

Shadowknight similar deal as paladin minus cool quests but the XP-penalty for Ogre and Troll is pretty dang brutal.

Ranger is a sleeper badass class. Only ones with track almost forever. Guise is neat. Seaworthy planking is cheap. A weak grouping and soloer in vanilla and XP-penalty but meh.

Shaman is a class that can solo OK (and great once u get torpor) and be useful in group and that you can just keep investing into and not waste your time. Guise is neat and saves you an AoN.

Rogue is one-dimensional and weak in classic but rogues don’t need much investment to be fun. Grouping king.

Monk, 10/10 class but unlike you are a fashion queen iksar is the way to go

Druid is just very powerful. Can’t solo hard stuff in guk and doesn’t realy get many groups but ports aree ports…

Wizard, well, you can solo better than most as far as leveling goes and ports are ports. Still, don’t roll wiz.

Warrior, unless you are a turbonerd or hate yourself, just no.

….. I can’t decide….

I’d pick Cleric but seeing everyone doing the same makes me think. Maybe Paladin? Or go Mage and pretend I’d get epic someday? Or for once be smart and roll enchanter.
Old 02-15-2023, 04:44 PM
Aviak

I like soloing while I work, and currently doing fairly well as a Magician. I always wanted to try Enchanter or Paladin since I've not played any melee classes in a long time.
Old 02-15-2023, 06:46 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajbert [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Mage is a poor choice early due to broken pet research. Also, you can’t do the cool dungeon solo camps and you’ll never get your epic.
A max level fire pet + tattered/patchwork leather + your summoned AC stuff goesa a long way. Only levels that do not have a firepet is 34 and 49.
Once you get to 49 however your mage turns into a money maker. at level 44 I just blow up Permafrost for cash
And if you are quick enough on the pull your pet can offtank one or two enemies and burn it down with its gigantic DS

So to answer the OP I am going to level a mage first and stockpile stamina/hp gear for when Iksar Necros come out
Old 02-15-2023, 06:54 PM
Planar Protector

For me, it depends 100% on whether Enchanters get more classic or not. I've been here a long time, and played many alts, but I've never gotten a chanter past 20. I really want to try the class out seriously ... but I want to try the version that I remember back in 1999, not the unclassic "solo god" P99 version.

It is my strongest hope that Nilbog will bring them more in line with 1999 EverQuest version in time for Green 2.0 ... but if he doesn't, it will feel like cheating to play the class, so instead I'll maybe do a Necromancer, or [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] maybe even a melee.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.