Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Old 03-08-2023, 09:37 PM
Aviak

Default SK/Pally/Bard/Ranger - What do you enjoy the most?

Out of the 3 hybrid classes + Bards, what do you guys consider to be the most "fun" to play? Not so much what the strongest class is for soloing or grouping, or needed for raids etc. But just generally speaking, out of those classes, what do you guys enjoy playing more, and why?

Obviously everyone will have different opinions on whats more fun / enjoyable than others, but I'm interested in hearing those opinions!
Old 03-08-2023, 11:23 PM
Fire Giant

If you find tanking and or pulling fun sk is fun. Snare + fd uber broken combo
Old 03-09-2023, 12:22 AM
Aviak

Snare + FD combo? Is that like to break camps? Snare the mob you want, let all mobs run to you, then FD to unaggro them, stand up and pull the snared one thats still running back?
Old 03-09-2023, 12:49 AM
Planar Protector

Prolly ranger for overall fun/utility
Bard for raiding
Pally for grouping
Sk for soloing
Old 03-09-2023, 12:50 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddypig [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Snare + FD combo? Is that like to break camps? Snare the mob you want, let all mobs run to you, then FD to unaggro them, stand up and pull the snared one thats still running back?
Basically but the snared one should be stopped if ya used engulfing darkness or better. Get blood ember gaunts & greaves and enjoy mana free splitting.
Old 03-09-2023, 02:55 AM
Fire Giant

I haven't played Paladin past mid levels yet, but I've played the others well into the 50's if not 60. They are all fun, imho.

SK is my currently favorite. In addition to FD, snare and their various combos, you also get instant invis which is very addictive. You can really explore anywhere and kill with impunity as an SK and the solo game ain't half bad either. Great snap aggro and access to evil races is also super fun.

Ranger is really fun outdoors, but suffers significantly indoors. Track is amazing, as are Harmony and SoW. I made a small fortune using them to good effect. Archery is also a refreshing side hustle to experiment with. Access to Root and Snare is very handy, esp. if you tank while leveling. The fun drops a bit mid 50's when outdoor mobs/zones start to be less relevant and the poor returns on AC for Ranger really start to make face tanking difficult.

Bard is super powerful. Selo's means you can travel everywhere at light speed. Huge kit of spells and lots of random abilities and items (eg illusions) to leverage. AoE and Charm kiting will take you to 60 in no time, but are very one note (less so with charm kiting). Like Ranger, it suffers indoors, but with Lull/Charm/Mez/AoE Snare you can still do good work with some skill and know how. If you're into meleeing, however, this isn't the best road for you.

Paladin seems like a fun group tank with Lull/Root/Snap Aggro and healing, but I haven't made it there yet.
Old 03-09-2023, 03:13 AM
Planar Protector

Ranger is great solo or in group, has epics where one is a gimmie and the other is a bit more challenging but both attainable. Great for farming quillmanes and TT cycle. Decent clicky haste if you can attend regular scheduled sky raids. Does well in HoT gear. Can tank for fungi groups.

I’d wholeheartedly recommend if you like helping friends and doing trash clear raids like hate, sky, HoT.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXX Dung

Old 03-09-2023, 10:17 AM
Planar Protector

bards the only one with any real depth to it

also way out front as far as being useful in all settings
Old 03-09-2023, 01:46 PM
Fire Giant

Close call between Pally and Ranger, but probably Ranger.

I for the life of me can't get into my SK. Fear kiting is probably my least favorite way to level ever, and the disease cloud nerf makes tanking in groups less fun. I really enjoy Paladin in a solo environment. I enjoy crawling through Seb, HS etc and seeing what I can pull off. The Ranger on the other hand is much more fun for grouping/raiding. Depending on which I felt like I had more time for, i'd pick one or the other.

Also can't stand Bards. Twisting was not made for men like me.
Old 03-09-2023, 02:00 PM
Sarnak

Ranger because people have literally 0 expectations on u lol.