Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

View Poll Results: Wat do ye think, elf?
It's dead 50 17.73%
Yeah, it's slowly dying, green velious launch as proof 88 31.21%
It's summer, nerds are finally outside enjoying the tempered 132 F of the death valley 71 25.18%
Shut your filthy mouth, I'm in lower guk right now and having the time of my life farming FBSSs 73 25.89%
Voters: 282. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 07-20-2021, 08:08 PM
Fire Giant

They only thing I didnt like about Luclin and PoP was the change in art style. All the content and gameplay changes were good for the game imo.
Old 07-21-2021, 02:15 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nocht [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They only thing I didnt like about Luclin and PoP was the change in art style. All the content and gameplay changes were good for the game imo.
I agree.. except there was other stuff besides art work that ruined the game for a lot of classic EQ enthusiast they could be done without. The raid content of PoP was top notch.

I still hold out hope that they will one day release a custom content server, or add it to blue and only take the best stuff from future expansions and leave out the stuff that killed the classic EQ feel (like PoK books, bazaar, rideable horses, luclin graphics, etc).
Old 07-21-2021, 12:18 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bones [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i have been saying that since 2009
Old 07-23-2021, 06:48 AM
Orc

It's kind of easy to tell why. People play p99 are here cause it's not easy mode. Now the server is leaning more and more to easy mode. But it can't compete with ezmode tlps. The large playerbase who enjoyed the classic feel are leaving with the implementation of list camps and other such things on the server. Server is trying to cater towards people that never had any staying power and will never be happy without instanced zones.
Old 07-23-2021, 08:07 AM
Banned

I don't think the /list system is necessarily ezmode at all. When it requires sometimes three full days to get the item, that's hardly easy. Sure there are ways around it like account sharing, but on the whole I think it's a good system that prevents guild monopolization of a highly sought item while still requiring serious dedication. Instancing on the other hand definitely is ezmode and I highly doubt it will ever be implemented here.
Old 07-23-2021, 09:30 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izmael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
PoP would be good if it didn't obliterate classic / Kunark / Velious out of relevance.
Wahhhh... My CoF is irrelevant...
Old 07-23-2021, 10:23 AM
Sarnak

CoF and other Velious/older shit definitely still relevant even going into GoD soon on Aradune. I can promise you my new Berserker twink I will be rolling will have a CoF, White Dragon Helm, Velium Encrusted Gauntlets, Reaver after level 20 etc.

Feels good having loot and killing stuff. Enjoy your 80 hour lists though lol
Old 07-23-2021, 10:40 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graahle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
CoF and other Velious/older shit definitely still relevant even going into GoD soon on Aradune. I can promise you my new Berserker twink I will be rolling will have a CoF, White Dragon Helm, Velium Encrusted Gauntlets, Reaver after level 20 etc.

Feels good having loot and killing stuff. Enjoy your 80 hour lists though lol
See - this guy gets it
Old 07-23-2021, 05:51 PM
Aviak

Luclin please so riot can finally trivialize tov and vanq can move on to moon aliens and ssra danger noodles
Old 07-23-2021, 06:53 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bones [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I still hold out hope that they will one day release a custom content server, or add it to blue and only take the best stuff from future expansions and leave out the stuff that killed the classic EQ feel (like PoK books, bazaar, rideable horses, luclin graphics, etc).
If the PoK books ruined the classic feel, then the p99 staff should immediately reset bind points for the server since almost everyone has a caster bound at the fire pots. And if the bazaar ruined the experience, then wiki shouldn't show trending prices of item and the p99 discord auction channel and bot should be eliminated. People claim things like this 'ruined' classic yet they just found other ways to emulate these additions.
Closed Thread