Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-05-2019, 03:40 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBalloon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Everyone should have a fair and equal shot
If people could agree on a definition of just the word "fair", alone, 90% of the arguments currently going on wouldn't exist. Everyone wants a "fair" system, but most Aftermath members (not picking on them, just making an example) have a significantly different definition of "fair" from (again, just making an example) most members of my guild, Anonymous.

I'm not saying either one has a monopoly on being "right" about their definition of fair ... I'm just saying that (nearly) everyone here also wants a fair and equal shot ... they just can't agree on the definition of the word.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBalloon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Quite honestly, we're all playing a 20 year old free-to-play emulated
MMORPG. We're all losers to some extent [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Now you're speaking some truth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 02-05-2019, 04:01 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ok, first off, do you really think Braknar just whipped this up on his own? The staff does not make major changes to the raid scene because one GM decides to; I guarantee Rogean was involved, and very likely all the other GMs and possibly Nilbog and some devs too (I'm unclear exactly how much the devs weigh in on server operation stuff, but they must at least a little because they've posted comments about it in the past).

Second, do you really think the staff would make such a major change without even thinking of the last major change they made to the raid system (ie. earthquakes)? Like, their whole goal is to manage the raid scene, but in a few short months they completely forgot their last raid scene fix and just decided to implement a completely new and incompatible one?

I mean, I guess all that's possible, but it seems a lot more likely that Rogean et all are a lot more competent than you guys are giving them credit for. And 10+ successful years of running the most popular emulated EQ server on the planet sort of supports my take.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=316732
Old 02-05-2019, 04:02 PM
Kobold

thank you p99
Old 02-05-2019, 04:08 PM
Kobold

Braknar went on a bender, woke up this morning with 10 missed messages from Roegan, said 'oh man, what did I do last night?'
P99ers do a lot of things well. Handling surprise adds / splitting up focus is not one of them. Mostly because the classes that do that the best (SK/Paladins) are generally trashed and considered useless, and because pulls are considered failures if a dragons doesn't appear at the zone line solo.
Old 02-05-2019, 04:13 PM
Banned

Best Troll Ever!!! Braknar for the win!
Old 02-05-2019, 04:14 PM
Sarnak

lol, this seems entertaining - what were the short lived rules that started the sperg out?
<Asgard>
Old 02-05-2019, 04:17 PM
Banned

Guys, guys...He said released "prematurely".

You can get your adult pooper nappies, hotpockets, and roll the sweaty arsecheek imprinted walmart office chairs back out for awhile till they flesh this out a little better.
Last edited by White_knight; 02-05-2019 at 04:22 PM..
Old 02-05-2019, 04:22 PM
Sarnak

Welp guess I gotta buy more popcorn for when he really sets it in stone.
Old 02-05-2019, 05:11 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ok, first off, do you really think Braknar just whipped this up on his own? The staff does not make major changes to the raid scene because one GM decides to; I guarantee Rogean was involved, and very likely all the other GMs and possibly Nilbog and some devs too (I'm unclear exactly how much the devs weigh in on server operation stuff, but they must at least a little because they've posted comments about it in the past).

Second, do you really think the staff would make such a major change without even thinking of the last major change they made to the raid system (ie. earthquakes)? Like, their whole goal is to manage the raid scene, but in a few short months they completely forgot their last raid scene fix and just decided to implement a completely new and incompatible one?

I mean, I guess all that's possible, but it seems a lot more likely that Rogean et all are a lot more competent than you guys are giving them credit for. And 10+ successful years of running the most popular emulated EQ server on the planet sort of supports my take.
This aged poorly.
Old 02-05-2019, 05:27 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by White_knight [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Guys, guys...He said released "prematurely".
Giggity.
Maamdak Battlebeard - 48 Dwarf Rogue
Crunkasaurus Rex - 49 Ogre Shaman
Mendak - 51 Halfling Druid (Green)

<Paradox> RIP
Closed Thread