Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 03-05-2018, 03:10 PM
Sarnak

Default Non-Kunark spots for 30 Iksar Sham + Monk (duo)

Hey guys!

My buddy and I are about to hit level 30-- I'm an Iskar Monk and he's an Iksar Shaman. While we've been having a blast on Kunark, we are looking to do some hunting on the other classic continents.

So, do you guys have some good hunting spots for a pair of 30-ish lizards? Ability to vend (even if getting ripped off) is preferable. Neither of us are twinks, though we're both capable players and have modest gear for being on our first toons.

Really just looking for some level-appropriate suggestions w/ vending opportunities (hopefully!) available for us as Iksar. Note: we can duo but also love grouping with others.

Thank you in advance for your time and consideration! (PS- feel free to send me a PM if you'd like us to join you in a fun spot)
Old 03-05-2018, 03:36 PM
Kobold

Iceclad ocean is a nice place. killing cougars will get you earrings and the gnomes you can vendor with. Just be careful the cougars can gang up on you.

Crystal caverns orcs / EW Ry'Gorr orcs. Monk will need to sneak vendor but there is also a bank in the zone.

South Karana KFC camp is fun, you can vendor with the bird mob at the top as well. sells bandages and other goodies.

Solusk Eye (Sol A) I believe is viable at this level. (never spent much time there) and there is a vendor at the druid ring.

hope this helps
Old 03-05-2018, 03:44 PM
Orc

Note the drop rate for the cougar earrings is paltry and the zoneout can be tedious if you get too many cougars on aggro.

Crystal caverns is very fun, although I have not attempted the orcs at the beginning of the zone.

If you do hit up South Karana, do not forget about Splitpaw. The gnolls are easy and drop fine steel weapons. They flee at 20% and will also drop the quested Lore scrolls. You may not be able to do the quest turn in in Qeynos due to faction, but you can easily unload these scrolls on other players in the zone for 50-100p each.
Old 03-05-2018, 03:47 PM
Planar Protector

HHK goblins are great xp, and can build faction to bank/sell tehre with ears. Camp is good to 32, maybe 34. Or you can say fuck the bank and kill guards there. 5pp sword from each guard kill if you can sell with sneak
Old 03-05-2018, 03:47 PM
Banned

Mistmoore is always popular at level 30, maybe slightly dangerous for a duo
Old 03-06-2018, 10:34 PM
Aviak

Concur with crystal caverns. Orcs are largely uncamped and they are probably 80/20 warrior/shaman mobs. May be a bit rough at 30 unless you're twinked, but once you hit ~32-33 it would be great. Should never be a spot where you cannot just root/gate if things go south.

Spent the last 3 levels there on my 31-34 enchanter and have had a blast. Decent money, in-zone merchant/bank, and engaging gameplay. Also its not uncommon to see enchanters charm soloing there so if you grab one you'd have a heck of a trio.
Old 03-07-2018, 07:20 AM
Planar Protector

Sol A I think it's like spots 15 and up. (southern section)
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 03-07-2018, 11:39 AM
Sarnak

Hi everyone, thank you so much for the input and insight! I am pumped to kill something other than Sarnaks, goblins, and grimalkins. My Shaman buddy just hit 29 (+ new spell set), so he is ready for the journey.

I'm waiting to hit 30 (almost there) *before we depart* so that I can visit the Monk trainer in Cabilis one last time before lvl 35.

Question: Upon hitting 30, should I expect any type of damage increase with the damage cap coming off? I have been wielding my heavy/trusty Wu's Quivering Staff. I can't complain about the damage now-- hits into the high 50s at times at lvl 29 depending on buffs.

Wu's staff is the nicest item I own by a long-shot and, from what I read, should hopefully be able to serve me for a while? I'm also hoping that Flying Kick will be a nice upgrade to swinging my tail.

Secondary question: I have never done any "sneak banking" or vending - do I need to ensure I stay behind the banker when doing this? Just make sure they con indifferently before right-clicking? While I'll make sure to be uber-cautious, any tips on this would also be uber-appreciated. I'll also try to read-up on the forums.

Thanks again for all of the info, everyone.
Old 03-07-2018, 11:56 AM
Planar Protector

Yes to all your questions
Old 03-07-2018, 12:27 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legidias [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes to all your questions
With the exception of the banker, any directions work (even fd'd). Merchants you need to be sneaked and behind them.
Closed Thread