Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 03-08-2018, 10:34 AM
Sarnak

Default Sneak / Invis / FD banking questions (monk)

Hello everyone,

I've never done any type of banking/vending with a vendor or banker that is KoS. I'm an Iksar Monk. I've tried searching the forums "FD banking" but the search results filter out "FD" as it is too short.

1) Vendors: it is my understanding that as long as I am in "sneak" and behind the vendor (conning indifferently), I should be able to vend. That is my plan for vendors.

2) Bankers: this is where I'm confused. I know I need to sneak close-enough so that I can go 3rd person and rotate camera/stay out of sight. Do I also need to FD before right-clicking in this circumstance? (Is this what people mean by "FD banking?")

3) FD or otherwise (sneak/behind), is the banker going to try to kill me when I right-click? Info would be greatly appreciated-- any KoS monks doing this that could describe what they do?

4) Separately, if someone gives me an invis, would I basically do the same approach? Is FD not required when I have an invis (and just stay behind/out of sight)? I couldn't find good results for "invis banking" either

5) After getting done "FD banking," will I need to re-sneak upon standing up?

Leaving Kunark for the first time (once I hit lvl 30, almost there) and trying to brace myself. I realize I'll probably die a couple times in the process. Thanks for your time and help on this!
Old 03-08-2018, 11:26 AM
Sarnak

As a fellow Iksar I have an answer at least for banking.

My necro can bank anywhere if I can get FD off. For your monk it is the same. If you succeed feign death close enough to right click a banker they will allow you to bank. However when you stand up they will aggro (sneak may help in this regard). You may need to run and feign death again. The problem with feign death banking I've encountered is usually that most banks have a guard or two in them. These guys hit hard and like to aggro. I've suffered a couple deaths because of a fizzle or failed feign.
Old 03-08-2018, 11:38 AM
Kobold

Iksar monk as well.

You can FD and bank after it being successful without agro. It is recommended that you sneak while FD'd to reduce / avoid the agro you will get when standing up.

As for merchants. Most are non-kos, so as long as you can get behind them and sneak you should be able to trade and not deal with their agro if/when they turn around to face you. However other mobs that are kos, I believe merchants/bankers will assist in bringing the hurt.

In my time only really had an issue with buying wherever if someone wandering by (sergeant slate you D) agros then everyone jumps in.
Old 03-08-2018, 11:59 AM
Sarnak

Awesome, thank you for the replies and info!

Demonith, does sneak "cancel out" on a Monk when you FD and then bank? Will I need to "re-sneak" the second I stand up?

(Or, should I still be in sneak mode after I stand up from FD banking for the most part?)

Basically, I'm trying to prep myself for whatever happens after I stand-up from FD banking. Greatly appreciate your guys' time and help!
Old 03-08-2018, 01:18 PM
Banned

Easier solution is to make a level 1 Bard in Freeport and run him to the EC tunnel. Level him to 5 for Selos and then use him for all your monk banking needs/giving him your plat so you don't go over weight all the time.

You can vendor everything you need at Shady in the tunnel also
Old 03-08-2018, 01:36 PM
Kobold

Sneak will not cancel out when standing up from FD. You can also sneak while FD and have it be effective when you stand up. Just wait for the button to pop back up, if it doesn't after the refresh, means its working.

Also banking in FP as a ikky monk is suicide at your level. The easiest city to blast up faction would be in neriak with the red wine quest.

https://wiki.project1999.com/Bottle_of_Red_Wine

Get about 8 backpacks of red wine and start turning into this guy. Did this both on my necro and monk. If you have not hit the right faction just pay a lowbie to buy you more red wine. Use invis potions to get to the guy and start turning in. Make certain when you stand in the room with him you are not in line of sight with any other people in the library and the door is closed. Your merchant faction will max out loooooong before guard faction.

This will make you non KoS to pretty much the important places you would need to go to (foreign quarter and commons). However the clerics will still try to murder your face, just be careful and be ready to FD at a moments notice.
Old 03-08-2018, 01:37 PM
Kobold

Also Shady is a greed merchant fudge that guy. Just sneak behind one of the inn keepers, and be aware of big bad slate.
Old 03-08-2018, 01:52 PM
Fire Giant

In freeport once you get past the guards and into the bank you can stand behind the wall and swing the camera to target the banker and bank. You don't need to be FD or sneaking, no mobs can see you and bankers will deal with you even when your KOS. You can FD to be extra careful but it's not required.

When you go into the bank you walk in the door and are immediately facing a wall, it's that wall you have to use. If you stand there for a few mins you'll more than likely see someone else doing it. Just make sure you don't go around the corner. Both bankers will aggro and the vendor and guard will assist.

Also if you use the tunnels and aren't extremely unlucky a lot of times you can make it to the bank only aggroing 1 or 2 guards, they are Paladins though so be careful FDing with them casting

edit: forgot to mention, you can get your NFP faction up so you're not KOS with NFP guards but still KOS with the bankers by turning in 2 gold at a time in EFP for the Fabian's Strings quest. You can get a wolf form or invis to get into position but once it wears off you can Sneak and avoid aggro from the guards on both sides of you. Think it took me an hour or two and maybe 200pp in gold to get to Apprehensive as an iksar monk, but it's been a while.
Last edited by Triiz; 03-08-2018 at 01:58 PM..
Old 03-08-2018, 01:59 PM
Sarnak

Hi Demonith, thank you for this specific info re: FD/sneak and additional tips! Incredibly helpful and most-appreciated.

Basically, I am going to be exploring outside of Kunark for the first time-- not necessarily FP at all-- and wanted to know what I was getting myself into when it comes time to bank.

Spyder, you've been super-helpful in my posts as well, thank you. While I don't plan on hanging out in the FP area anytime soon, I may take you up on your bard tip if there ever comes a time when I'll need to be in the tunnel-area for a while. This is my main toon with no plat so that shouldn't be the case for some time.

And Triiz, just saw your reply as I was typing. Great info! I'm saving all of this
Old 03-08-2018, 02:14 PM
Kobold

Oh also, super duper helpful tip as a monk when it comes to trying to deal with the weight issue caused by plat/gold. Most merchants will sell some kind of gem, if your lucky something like peridots or rubies if you find the right merchant. Buying and selling gems will net you a loss of like....10%? Maybe? however you can carry WAY more in gems since they stack and are weight 0.01 can be a life saver when you are in the middle of nowhere.

My favorite memory of this was SK killing aviaks. Selling the random junk they dropped to their merchant and buying topazs to keep my weight down (20 topazes was like 80ishpp and sold for 75pp)
Closed Thread