Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2019, 03:04 AM
Aviak

Question MQ not working? Jaggedpine Crook

Earlier this evening a very nice gentleman offered me the Bottom Half of the Staff, as I had just looted the top. He runs in and hands the item to Corun Finsc, I turn in my half directly after and Finsc offers no response, message, or Jaggedpine Crook. Is MQ not working properly, or is this classic, or did I bungle the quest somehow? I'm a 7 Human druid, he was an 11 Human ranger if people are wondering about faction. Thanks
Old 10-16-2019, 08:50 AM
Sarnak

The staff pieces are not no-drop. You don't need to MQ this, simply trade the top/bottom half.

Filing silly bugs is a waste of resources. Plenty of real issues out there.
Old 10-16-2019, 12:00 PM
Aviak

Regardless of the no-drop status of the staff pieces, the issue I had could be an indication that MQ isn't functioning as intended. Imagine if you were MQ'ing a quest of actual consequence rather than my newbie weapon quest, you might be quite upset to find that MQ is disabled on green. Further, your tone is rude; who made you the arbiter of bug filing? The staff are free to read and disregard my post, the chance that it might be useful should be worth the ten seconds it may steal from their busy schedules. And yes, the other player could have handed the lore item to me rather than the NPC, which would have circumvented the issue. Thanks.
Old 10-16-2019, 04:16 PM
Former Guide

Some notes for development team:
http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=29

ZAM page for the staff, says this is a hard quest to complete with the hunter not always dropping the staff parts. Is this accurate for P99? Someone in green discussion said they completed this quest 10 times with accelerated time table... seems off even with accelerated spawn rate. A few posts mention only a handful of spawns in 4 hours and not always dropping the pieces.

On a side note, this quest should be MQ enabled based upon the log entry on the page:
Quote:
Since I exhausted all of the keywords, I handed him the two halves of the staff.

[Sat Nov 29 14:35:41 2003] Corun Finisc says 'Look what you have found! It is tragic to know that for every broken crook that is recovered, one of the Treefolk has lost his life. Those gnolls will pay some day. If you have the other half of the crook I will repair it for you.'
[Sat Nov 29 14:35:41 2003] Corun Finisc says 'Excellent! Here is a Jaggedpine Crook of your own.
The bolded sentence indicates each piece was processed individually, so I believe it should be MQable.

To the poster saying this is dumb to do... consider if you handed in what you thought were 2 of the halves, but 1 was a cracked staff. Then tried to hand in your other half... then it would fail and you'd get no reward. So being MQable is helpful in that regard.
Old 10-16-2019, 04:28 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunderfury [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

ZAM page for the staff, says this is a hard quest to complete with the hunter not always dropping the staff parts. Is this accurate for P99? Someone in green discussion said they completed this quest 10 times with accelerated time table... seems off even with accelerated spawn rate. A few posts mention only a handful of spawns in 4 hours and not always dropping the pieces.
I personally killed the gnoll hunter 10+ times on green beta, he dropped a staff part each time (seemed 50% to drop each one). His spawn time is a little longer than the rest of the zone, I believe it's 20 minutes which is reduced to 4 min on beta (and presumably launch). This is the spawn point just west of Surefall Glade entrance. I believe a second spawn point may exist near blackburrow (or the one i mentioned just pats all the way over there)
Old 10-17-2019, 06:02 PM
Project Manager

Whew ok, Corun had some problems.

Pending update:

-Jaggedpine Crook quest multiquestable (amiable or better). Updated his dialogue for bad faction warnings.
-gnoll hunter spawns updated; he was far too common.
-staff segments are not guaranteed drops.

For the Gnoll Paw quest, I can find nothing about this quest ever actually working. The skulking gnoll is supposed to drop a unique paw item. Can anyone find anything indicating someone completed this quest?
Old 10-17-2019, 08:26 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunderfury [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

On a side note, this quest should be MQ enabled based upon the log entry on the page:

The bolded sentence indicates each piece was processed individually, so I believe it should be MQable.

To the poster saying this is dumb to do... consider if you handed in what you thought were 2 of the halves, but 1 was a cracked staff. Then tried to hand in your other half... then it would fail and you'd get no reward. So being MQable is helpful in that regard.
AS much as it sucked, NPCs used to just eat items all the time, i definitely remember that being classic, CSR would get involved sometimes but, that shit happened im fairly sure

The "I dont know what to do with this item" message was not classic

Lich (56+ Heretic)
Zelda (45 Shaman)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derubael View Post
silence, 'hardcore scum'
Old 10-17-2019, 10:49 PM
Former Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
For the Gnoll Paw quest, I can find nothing about this quest ever actually working. The skulking gnoll is supposed to drop a unique paw item. Can anyone find anything indicating someone completed this quest?
Thank you for the update nilbog!

Spent some time on the Gnoll Paws, mainly people asking where to find the item, etc. Points to broken quest.

Apparently the bear cub is PH and runs like SoW speed, the skulking can pop but doesn't drop item for the quest. Skulking also runs SoW speed and is killed by some NPC that roams by him. .
Old 10-18-2019, 03:56 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Pending update:

-Jaggedpine Crook quest multiquestable (amiable or better). Updated his dialogue for bad faction warnings.
-gnoll hunter spawns updated; he was far too common.
-staff segments are not guaranteed drops.
Dang - there goes the cash farm [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-18-2019, 09:36 PM
Planar Protector

Yeah, the staff *was* 100% drop rate. I only camped hunter specifically for my first turnin. The other times I did it, was just when I came across a hunter either near the SFG entrance or the other spawn near Blackburrow.

The spawn near BB had PH's, but the one near SFG didn't seem to have a PH. At least I don't remember seeing anything else spawn there.

This time on the green beta is actually my first time leveling in the Qeynos area so I never quested here in classic. If it was too frequent, then good that it's been updated!