Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 10-29-2019, 11:15 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardp1999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is just completely false

1) absolutly no rezes
2) everyones gear is garbage
3) Red cons will kill your entire group
4) Things like Hill Giants and Sand Giants are currently unkillable and roam zones wiping groups. Same with high level dungeon spawns (trannix in BB for example)
5) XP feels either slower, or we are just killing slower due to no twinking so it feels slower, either way the net outcome is leveling is slower than on Blue by a lot
6) No Tab Target cycling AGHHHGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH
7) everyone is poor, buying spells is a big deal
Really? Because my group without a tank chain cleared red cons on trainer hill yesterday (including the Orc Trainer) using only two level 4 spell Enchanter pets. If you have a good and smart group, gear doesn’t really matter at low levels. Before that, I was in a BB group that was consistently pulling yellow Goblins and red Goblin Shamans and Wizards mostly non-stop with the increased respawn rate.

Maybe you’ve had bad luck with groups?
Old 10-29-2019, 11:17 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by pogs4ever [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
blue - people L55 to 59, raiders who log in only for bathphones...
You wish! XD
Old 10-29-2019, 11:46 PM
Decaying Skeleton

OP will never understand. Sorry you can't auto fire your way to the top. No one remembers or cares about you on green.
Old 10-30-2019, 12:11 AM
Sarnak

So for anyone on blue, the green experience is to just imagine if someone hacked everyone's accounts and deleted their characters?

Nothing's different other than a character wipe?
Old 10-30-2019, 12:14 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Really? Because my group without a tank chain cleared red cons on trainer hill yesterday (including the Orc Trainer) using only two level 4 spell Enchanter pets. If you have a good and smart group, gear doesn’t really matter at low levels. Before that, I was in a BB group that was consistently pulling yellow Goblins and red Goblin Shamans and Wizards mostly non-stop with the increased respawn rate.

Maybe you’ve had bad luck with groups?
I'm level 15 you peon so maybe bark up another tree

#ImBetterThanYou
Frostbane Wolfeye - Green99 - 54 Shaman
Cruetraxa Macequest - Green99 - 60 Necromancer
Snowleopard Wu'Tong - Green99 - 60 Monk
Lobsterhands - Green99 - 55 Cleric
#FreeWuTang
Old 10-30-2019, 12:45 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Except it’s not, because every group I’ve been in has done so. If everyone knows what they’re doing it’s great and the gear doesn’t really matter at lower levels. Now, probably like level 20+ you won’t be chain pulling yellows and reds without being geared, but at lower levels mobs simply don’t have high enough HP pools or hit hard enough to survive a conpetent full group regardless of whether they have gear or not.
I, too, enjoy building groups with 3 or more pet casters.
Old 10-30-2019, 02:45 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furorr [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Feedback from Green players is that they're playing something new, and that makes it better. They don't have to raid fear, Kael, or ToV.

Uh

Aren't they just leveling up to fight fear golems, naggy/vox, then later trakanon, and then after that be time locked back in fear, Kael, and ToV?

Am I missing something? Is green a new game? New content? Are people just taking 50 step backwards to go 50 steps forward and end up in the same spot with more work? Am I crazy?
There are some mechanical / client differences, as well as a lower floor in the top level of gear on the server so it is more complicated than 'blue but everyone got wiped'.

Mage pets 24+ are research only, pbaoe hit a max of 4 targets, trade skill trivials (should) be different.
Old 10-30-2019, 02:46 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by akagami [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I, too, enjoy building groups with 3 or more pet casters.
Was in a group with 3 pet casters and 2 priests. It was crazy. Fear landed suprisingly easily.
Old 10-30-2019, 05:22 AM
Sarnak

How much is a gbs?

"if the rules are all you use to determine what you should or shouldn't do, you're probably an a-hole" -soup

Hooden • Xegony enchanter '00 - '02 • <Aeternus> from SoD '06 - '07
Old 10-30-2019, 07:44 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furorr [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So for anyone on blue, the green experience is to just imagine if someone hacked everyone's accounts and deleted their characters?

Nothing's different other than a character wipe?
To see the game being the game again, if that makes sense. East Commons Griffin terrorizing noobs. No high end players, no one giving out 50-200pp and gear to new players as a welcome just because.

It's a lot closer to the original like this. A magic based weapon that people would automatically delete is prized. The lower level quests are being done instead of being skipped in favor of tunnel questing. Fat cats are selling bone chips and deathfist belts.

I got my fill from Team Griff. My only regret is this wasn't earlier around 2016 or so. I have been doing eq for too many years.. forumquesting is more interesting to me these days. I can only imagine if social media wasn't there how much more active the zone chats would have been with all these players.

/duel for skeletons!
Closed Thread