Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 12-29-2019, 01:51 AM
Sarnak

Don't forget Infectious Cloud! Stacking it with Affliction and TB really makes a noticeable difference in your Root/Rot viability! It lasts about as long as affliction, too. Pull with it, since it's an AoE, so you don't hit yourself with it.
Never met a good quest he didn't have to do twice.
Old 12-29-2019, 10:18 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenspectre [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Don't forget Infectious Cloud! Stacking it with Affliction and TB really makes a noticeable difference in your Root/Rot viability! It lasts about as long as affliction, too. Pull with it, since it's an AoE, so you don't hit yourself with it.
You sure about that? cause it's not suppose to stack. Affliction should overwrite.
Old 12-29-2019, 10:32 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You sure about that? cause it's not suppose to stack. Affliction should overwrite.
What are you basing that on?

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...t=54537&page=1

Tldr is dot stacking gets proven to be classic and kanras put it into p99 (page 7), and dot stacking remains present on green (I personally haven't tested infectious cloud cause I foolishly assumed an aoe wouldn't be efficient for single targets, but I have tested all other disease dots stacking with each other, and poison dots stacking with each other).
Last edited by Tecmos Deception; 12-29-2019 at 10:54 AM..
Old 12-29-2019, 10:59 AM
Planar Protector

I doubt it happen. I played both a druid(third 50) and necro(first 50) in vanilla time periods a lot, and it dosn't add up. The sting swarm line in particularity I would have abused the fuck out of it it stacked. it's possible it was a quirk specifically related to certain DoT lines I suppose... I certainly never used them on my necro(disease dots sucked shit and never get ebolt) or druid( no disease/poison dots).
Old 12-29-2019, 11:07 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I doubt it happen. I played both a druid(third 50) and necro(first 50) in vanilla time periods a lot, and it dosn't add up. The sting swarm line in particularity I would have abused the fuck out of it it stacked. it's possible it was a quirk specifically related to certain DoT lines I suppose... I certainly never used them on my necro(disease dots sucked shit and never get ebolt) or druid( no disease/poison dots).
I linked you the thread that decided this issue on p99, and without reading it you're continuing on with recollections and assumptions. With all due respect, nut up or shut up.
Old 12-29-2019, 11:10 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I linked you the thread that decided this issue on p99, and without reading it you're continuing on with recollections and assumptions. With all due respect, nut up or shut up.
Ya, you linked like umpteen page thread that I give no fucks to read through. i already said it might have been a poison/disease related quirk.
Old 12-29-2019, 11:47 AM
Planar Protector

As a side note this shouldnt be included on greal unless they have managed to get the original stats on the disease. The disease dots were ridiculous. Taking like 7+ minutes to work. Not this 2-3 minute bullshit.
Old 12-29-2019, 02:11 PM
Planar Protector

Affliction and Infectious Cloud are both disease, but they’re different spell lines, so they should stack.
Last edited by Videri; 12-29-2019 at 02:19 PM..
Old 12-29-2019, 02:14 PM
Sarnak

I can confirm they stack. I pull with IC, then hit with Affliction and TB. TB wears off so I refresh, and if the mob has enough HP I will see BOTH IC and A give wear-off messages, usually on separate ticks. The damage difference is also very noticeable without IC on.
Never met a good quest he didn't have to do twice.
Old 01-06-2020, 11:14 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenspectre [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This technique works great! Park on the hill just to the left of the path to Gorge of King Xorbb in EK and pull Gorge Hounds and Griffawns. You can either root rot or tank to 24. Kill then go for a quick regen afk. The XP seemed really good there and you'll get lots of research words from the hounds.

BTW, beware of the Evil Eye mobs. They're chanters and can mess you up.
Last edited by Satinna; 01-06-2020 at 11:21 PM..
Closed Thread