Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Screenshots

Closed Thread

Old 01-13-2020, 03:45 AM
Kobold

Default I screwed up a wiki page and i'm not sure what went wrong

Hey everyone, I recently went on the hunt for Groi Gutblade for some invisibility rings, and when researching him noticed that someone pointed out that Synger Foxfyre has a luclin model currently on the wiki. Saw her up, figured I could track her down and get the job done...

Well, I tried to "upload a new version of this file" and now we have some confusing behavior, from at least what I see; the main page has a giant version of the Luclin model, and when you click on it, it takes you to a new page showing my old model version.

https://wiki.project1999.com/Synger_Foxfyre

Any help on how to get the right picture there? I was going to resize it, but only after getting the right picture to display... Thanks anyone who can help!
Old 01-13-2020, 11:09 AM
Planar Protector

The wiki "caches" images to save bandwidth. As an annoying side effect of that, when you replace an image, because it has the same name, your browser may continue to show you the cached old image, rather than the new one you just uploaded.

When you go to the image page, it has different file names for the different versions, so you see the correct version because of those different names. To fix all this, you can clear your browser's cache, but a simpler way (in Chrome) is to:
  1. hit F12 (opens "developer tools")
  2. click and hold the refresh button
  3. select "Empty Cache and Hard Reload"
  4. hit F12 again (to get rid of the "developer tools")

Doing this should just clear the cache for the wiki, not every other site you've visited, and after that you should see the correct image. Of course, the even easier alternative to all that is to just wait a few days, and your browser will sort itself out.

In the meantime I gave her a width of 400px, but since it's your image please do feel free to change that to any reasonable size you think looks good.

And thanks for improving the wiki! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 01-13-2020, 12:15 PM
Kobold

Ohhh! Awesome loramin, thank you yet again for helping me with wiki issues. Now i'm set for my Norrathian Safari.
Old 01-18-2020, 12:26 AM
Planar Protector

Thanks OP. It's so jarring to be happily browsing the wiki and unexpectedly run into gross Luclin models.
Old 01-18-2020, 12:57 AM
Kobold

night time is like.... really dark. i might have to get another screenshot up in the day time lol
Old 01-18-2020, 11:35 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by halfer777 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
night time is like.... really dark. i might have to get another screenshot up in the day time lol
On my (Linux, with two monitors) computer, if I have the EQ window up on one monitor it's really dark, and it's bright on the other, so if you have two you might try using the second for your screenshots.

However, if that's not the case, you can use a program like Photoshop or the free GIMP (Graphic Image Manipulation Program) to adjust the "Curves" of the image's color. Essentially you want want to drag the line up to make a nice deep curve, and then you'll get brighter colors ... like you'll see in https://wiki.project1999.com/Synger_Foxfyre if you go look now (because I brightened the image [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]).

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 01-18-2020, 12:21 PM
Kobold

whoa! I never thought of post-processing on my pictures. My penchant for "purity" kept me from that level of creativity... I AM the guy who asked about replacing fashion pictures with nameless versions of the same item, after all.

Did some quick googling and I now know how to access that curves menu, or alternatively adding a brightness/contrast adjustment layer, both look good.

Thanks so much for your help yet again loramin.
Old 01-18-2020, 12:26 PM
Kobold

Looks like 400px wide is a really nice frame size as well, now the picture on

https://wiki.project1999.com/Failed_crypt_raider

isn't as huge either. That's two luclin models down thanks to your boy Lhig! /flex
Old 01-18-2020, 02:19 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by halfer777 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thanks so much for your help yet again loramin.
NP glad I could help.

Old 01-19-2020, 04:31 PM
Planar Protector

always Awesome to see someone contributing [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
We have to fall down before we can walk. Don't be too hard on yourself, learn from other pages as examples. Best of luck and thanks for contributing to the wiki!
ps. Always preview your edits before hitting submit. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Closed Thread