Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 11-27-2021, 06:16 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by robayon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I am talking about the place an "illegal" immigrant specifically comes from. The question you dodged: I'm talking about people who decided to cross the border "illegally", why would someone take that risk?
they want that check for 450k from joe "braindead" brandon for sure
Old 11-27-2021, 06:26 PM
Banned

"Did one of our guards who doesn't speak spanish accidentally put your kid in a room with a bunch of other kids for five minutes while you were illegally crossing the border for some reason? Well here's 450k."

-Probable Joe Biden quote
Old 11-27-2021, 06:31 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooloo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Because it sucks where they live? Yes I understand the motivations of an illegal immigrant. That doesn't mean they can just waltz in, we have laws for a reason.

I also don't understand why they think it's wise to come here specifically, instead of just illegally immigrating to like a nice city in Mexico or South America? There are totally normal nice places all over the world, why the urgency to get to AMERICA? Aren't we terrible, and failing, and a white supremacist hellhole?
"I understand the motivations of an illegal immigrant" to "I don't understand why they think it's wise to come here specifically", absolutely amazing.

So if you are assuming that most "illegal" immigrants are coming here specifically because are 'entwined somehow with cartels', don't you think those same cartels could get to them in whatever decent city within their home country they'd hypothetically move to instead of here? Does everyone everywhere have the financial capacity to move, all the time?
Old 11-27-2021, 06:33 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizondo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
they want that check for 450k from joe "braindead" brandon for sure
I sure as hell would want a 450k payment too, but would you want it enough to risk getting your family separated from you? Or killed?
Old 11-27-2021, 06:39 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by robayon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I sure as hell would want a 450k payment too, but would you want it enough to risk getting your family separated from you? Or killed?
I think it's more punitive than restorative, and that's a good thing.

Maybe it comes down in negotation, but important thing is Tromp bad.
Old 11-27-2021, 07:15 PM
Planar Protector

Michigan has been asking for the 5 billion to fix their water for 20 years.

Michigan is getting 1 billion for its water infrastructure from build back better.

Demosluts are Rats. 3 trillion. Still cant get flint clean water. Pathetic.

All this money is going to corporations banks and rich people's pockets.
Old 11-27-2021, 07:39 PM
Banned

It is pathetic, but I still don't see how you see that as exclusively a Democrat problem and not a structural problem, considering the various parties of everyone involved in starting the problem and dragging their feet on fixing it... and how much both of them fail to spend on domestic issues rather than, say, funding the military, which they all do and love to do
Old 11-27-2021, 08:03 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
It is pathetic, but I still don't see how you see that as exclusively a Democrat problem and not a structural problem, considering the various parties of everyone involved in starting the problem and dragging their feet on fixing it... and how much both of them fail to spend on domestic issues rather than, say, funding the military, which they all do and love to do
Social spending vastly dwarfs military spending. Can't trick me with limiting the discussion to only discretionary spending, you scoundrel. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-27-2021, 08:12 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whale biologist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Social spending vastly dwarfs military spending
Sure, it's still entirely too much spending on the military no matter how you slice it
Old 11-27-2021, 08:24 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Sure, it's still entirely too much spending on the military no matter how you slice it
*gestures vaguely at GI bill and BAH and the VA*

It's social spending all the way down, babe.
Closed Thread