Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 01-15-2015, 06:48 PM
Aviak

Default FNG Inc!

Hey guys setting up to play p99 for the first time, cant wait to get back to kunark... Jumped into live yesterday and something is definitely missing. Hoping p99 can help fix that. It has been forever since I played this and Im hoping this will be a pretty active server!

Any tips or suggestions for older players that have been away for a while coming to p99???
Old 01-15-2015, 11:53 PM
Planar Protector

Go play on red =) Less people, camps are open, xp is better, raiding is better, um...

Also, don't roll a gear dependent class for your first char...people usually forget just how hard EQ is starting out after all these years.
Old 01-16-2015, 12:20 AM
Planar Protector

Welcome Griffball, I'd echo Bob's advice... blue is far more populated. While that makes a lot of gear cheap and available, you'll find you'll be LFG a lot more often because there's too many people trying to cram into the popular XP areas.

Give both a try perhaps, see which one suits you better [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-16-2015, 01:00 AM
Sarnak

If you've been playing other MMOs since your time in EQ you should try out Bard. Only class that can keep my attention going anymore.
Old 01-16-2015, 09:46 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffball89 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hey guys setting up to play p99 for the first time, cant wait to get back to kunark... Jumped into live yesterday and something is definitely missing. Hoping p99 can help fix that. It has been forever since I played this and Im hoping this will be a pretty active server!

Any tips or suggestions for older players that have been away for a while coming to p99???
Welcome! Notable differences from classic live: clerics are the most common class, monks are the best tanks and bards are the best groups. Wait....

What is FNG?
Old 01-16-2015, 03:04 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by maskedmelon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What is FNG?
Fu*king New Guy.

Started back in the 60's during the Vietnam war where the other soldiers would refer to the new guys as a FNG!
Old 01-16-2015, 03:29 PM
Large Bat

welcome
Old 01-16-2015, 04:28 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kindread [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Fu*king New Guy.

Started back in the 60's during the Vietnam war where the other soldiers would refer to the new guys as a FNG!
Oh, now that you mention it, I think I have heard that before ^^ tyx
Old 01-16-2015, 05:34 PM
Aviak

hey thanks for the info guys, i played a little last night and i didnt realize i had forgotten how harsh this game was esp in the beginning lol. rolled me up an iksar necro
Old 01-16-2015, 05:36 PM
Aviak

ps, i cant edit because post isnt approved yet but is there any way to get debuff timers in game i know its a shortcut but i dont feel like relearning all the ticks again

thanks again guys
Closed Thread