Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 05-21-2012, 04:57 PM
Sarnak

Default Koalindl Fish Aggro Still Bugged

In a recent patch, mobs found in water were once again made subject to the laws of gravity and are now no longer are able to casually glide above the water's surface. Supposedly, this was going to cause the koalindl swimming along the back wall of the pool at the Temple of Life to be attacked normally. However, when engaging the lil guy, after a short time he will still reset his pathing and his /con status will no longer be glaring threateningly but instead return to a non-aggro status.

In a previous thread: http://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...ad.php?t=41863
Old 05-21-2012, 05:23 PM
Aviak

I'm experiencing the same problem. Additionally, the fish in the middle resets too, if it takes a long time to kill him and the fish is flee mode.
Old 06-16-2012, 06:29 PM
Project Manager

How's this working after the last patch?
Old 06-19-2012, 04:21 PM
Sarnak

The fish at the back wall is still resistant to my advances, though since it now has to do the stop-and-turn motion before resetting, it is a little easier to re-engage. In testing, I also noticed that the mid-pool fish's aggro will now reset if you move away from the pathing the fish is set on.
Old 03-27-2013, 11:27 AM
Large Rat

Tried this several times today and can't kill the one that paths along the back. Was able to get it to around 20% a couple of times but then it flees - FAST. Can't catch it to kill before it regens health. Then it either comes back to fight and flees again when low, or it bugs out and "forgets" it is in combat, quickly regenerating health and not attacking while resuming it's normal path. Edit: now it runs even when health is high. It won't fight but instead engages for a few swings and then goes back to pathing.

The middle fish (swims front to back) is sometimes able to be killed but it never seems to drop the quest item (corpse). I had maybe 7 kills (edit: 3 more kills - no corpse) on 2 different characters. Not wanting to become KOS to the guards, I gave up on this spawn before getting the drop thinking that maybe it only drops from the back fish. Edit: Just tried the middle pathing fish and it did the same thing as the back one... got to low health, fled, then dropped out of combat and ignored me, returning to it's original path. (If you chase it, you can sometimes catch it for 1 hit as it turns or swims past you. If it doesn't reset you have a slim chance to kill it.)

I was doing this both times with a L2 Pally to preserve faction on my main. But given the problems a low level melee class toon can spend a lot of time getting nowhere with this. Need to 1-shot it or maybe I'll try making a caster so I don't have to stay within melee range.

Edit #2: Figured that the Regurgitonic quest couldn't take longer than trying to get a corpse from one of these fish in N. Qeynos. So after going to Surefall for the Nitrates and then the zoo in Ak'Anon for the Regurgitonic, went to W. Karana where Frostbite happily took the drink without barfing. STILL no fish.

Edit 3: I found posts about the Regurgitonic saying that sometimes you got a "bad" (ineffective) batch. As a druid I don't have the Identify spell to check it but hitting L24 I now having the port to Steamfont so decided to give the tonic another try. I had bound myself in N. Qeynos a while back since it is such a pain to run through the Karanas. Steps were really pretty quick this time:
1. Gate to NQ, run thru Q. Hills to Surefall to get the Flask of Nitrates.
2. Port to Steamfont and run to Ak'Anon to swap the Nitrates for the Regurgitonic.
3. Gate back to NQ, run thru Q. Hills to W. Karana.
4. Run down to give Frostbite the tonic (not far to run).
I found this to be MUCH easier than fussing around making an alt, leveling it to 2 and then struggling with an infrequent drop on an uncooperative fish. For the non-druids I know it will be much harder to get around. Maybe find someone to port you around or stick with the fishy method.
Last edited by Veritas; 03-28-2013 at 08:44 AM..
Old 08-17-2013, 08:58 PM
Skeleton

Default Koalindl Fish bugged

Resurrecting this thread because it seems that this issue is back. The middle fish doesn't seem to ever drop the koalindl (killed 5 times with no drop, wiki says common drop) and the back one won't stay and fight. This didn't seem to be an issue a month or so ago when I last did this quest.

EDIT - Update: went ahead and risked the faction hit and one-shotted the back guy on my main...he dropped the fish.
Last edited by Crewotter; 08-17-2013 at 09:02 PM..
Old 08-18-2013, 01:13 AM
Fire Giant

Just the other day I did this quest with my lvl 8 DE enchanter. I kill the fish with him 'cause I could care less about my faction. The fish pathing is really, really wonky with the one that hugs the wall on its normal route. What I've found that I have to do with each fish kill is to pull them to the center of the pool and fight from there, and make certain to nuke them down at low health so they don't even get a chance to run.

Otherwise, I'll usually just get one fish corpse out of 2 to loot as the one by the wall will warp away and not leave a corpse if it dies late from DoT damage.
Old 06-23-2014, 01:15 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Yeah this is still happening. that back fish constantly loses agro and paths back.
making it difficult to kill since it regens between hits
Old 06-29-2014, 03:14 PM
Large Rat

Took me like 6 kills, but the middle on does drop the Fish item eventually. Back one is basically unkillable with the level 1 warrior / char.
Closed Thread