Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 04-01-2014, 06:47 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrano [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
None of us would have agreed to a merger with anyone from FE acting as co-leader. He knows his constituency and made the call, Getsome might be direct but I have never known him to be unreasonable.

The truth is both guilds helped each other progress and then we reached the point where the system was no longer working as desired. You guys chose to join TMO under the exact same conditions for merger that we offered to FE. It's unfortunate and I think we could have done great things together, however that was your call and something I perceived to be made in a scramble to remain relevant given the direction FE was heading if TMO and IB were going to contest mobs directly; you would have been on the outside looking as the weakest of the 3 guilds.

FE officers immediately took to forum questing and began stroking the egos of their recently "hated" TMO guild mates, the rest is history. Don't try to make this some asinine BS about us stabbing you in the back or whatever, you guys were never going to get co-leadership in IB or TMO. Unbrella isn't deserving of that.

Good luck in TMO, I'm glad it was finally revealed the so-called anti-TMO values of FE for the past year have been nothing more than a facade to establish a counterculture when, in reality, you guys are just here to get pixels the easiest way possible.

Were you even around for the entire duration of FE/IB's alliance? or just the last month or so? It seems as if you are failing to remember a good portion of what went down between FE/IB.
Blueberrii - 60 Mage
Gigglepurr - 60 Shaman
Kids - 60 Rogue
Fornfamnad - 60 Cleric
Old 04-01-2014, 06:48 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarnauga [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
so why is Unbrella not co-leader of TMO ? or Corova ? or fucking Roublard for all that matters ..?
Because TMO is bringing more members to raids than we are. IB and FE were on even footing depending the time of day mobs spawned. Yet you wanted us to agree to merge without even footing in the leadership or any guarantee they wouldn't pick and choose who they wanted to remove after it happened (Look what happened on your Lord Bob merge).

There needed to be a guarantee there that we wouldn't lose friends because of the way Getsome runs things. He was stubborn about it which is his choice and he is free to make that decision. What I think Getsome's mistake was... He assumed he could do it alone without us. It shows since we left that IB actually needed us even though Getsome was too stubborn to admit it and I don't hold a grudge because of that it is his choice. It was just the wrong choice to assure everyone from our guild that we would have equal representation.
Old 04-01-2014, 06:50 PM
The Protector of Sunder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasslehofp99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Were you even around for the entire duration of FE/IB's alliance? or just the last month or so? It seems as if you are failing to remember a good portion of what went down between FE/IB.
Yes, I was. I don't understand what I seem to be missing and so far as I can tell my recounting of those final days is accurate.

Why do you even bother bringing up FE anymore? You're TMO now and FE is nothing but another failed guild in the history of P99.
Old 04-01-2014, 06:52 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrano [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes, I was. I don't understand what I seem to be missing and so far as I can tell my recounting of those final days is accurate.

Why do you even bother bringing up FE anymore? You're TMO now and FE is nothing but another failed guild in the history of P99.
Well... I witnessed Getsome being unreasonable and not willing to budge to do what was best for his guild. I respect that he stood by his guns, but it made a pretty big rift with the people who was on the fence about the merge. It turned them from leaning to a yes to a definitive no.
Old 04-01-2014, 06:58 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Because TMO is bringing more members to raids than we are. IB and FE were on even footing depending the time of day mobs spawned. Yet you wanted us to agree to merge without even footing in the leadership or any guarantee they wouldn't pick and choose who they wanted to remove after it happened (Look what happened on your Lord Bob merge).
So you were worried that the guild who had been raiding with you for months would start culling random people, but you had no problem placing your trust in the hands of the guild youve been shit talking on the forums for a full year. Right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There needed to be a guarantee there that we wouldn't lose friends because of the way Getsome runs things. He was stubborn about it which is his choice and he is free to make that decision. What I think Getsome's mistake was... He assumed he could do it alone without us. It shows since we left that IB actually needed us even though Getsome was too stubborn to admit it and I don't hold a grudge because of that it is his choice. It was just the wrong choice to assure everyone from our guild that we would have equal representation.
We're doing great on world spawns and especially traks and hoshkars, the only area we've been struggling is on PD and a few of the other VP dragons due to working with a much smaller pull team than TMO has at their disposal.

Just cause you guys are getting lots of PDs you seem to have this fairy tale in your head where IB is starving for loot or something. All those robes and crowns and you guys are still wiping to 32k dragons, tell me more about how youre going to dominate NToV dragons in velious
Old 04-01-2014, 07:07 PM
The Protector of Sunder

Quote:
Well... I witnessed Getsome being unreasonable and not willing to budge to do what was best for his guild. I respect that he stood by his guns, but it made a pretty big rift with the people who was on the fence about the merge. It turned them from leaning to a yes to a definitive no.
How is doing what is best for his guild unreasonable? Getsome came to IB with a drafted proposal that we all agreed he could offer to TMO, the understanding and major points of issue for 99% of IB was that we 1) Didn't want to change the guild name since IB is an old name and 2) That we not be subject to FE leadership. We were cool with being equal as members, we were cool with you guys having even number of officers, we were cool with merging DKP lists instead of wiping it clean.

From my understanding, it was made clear to Unbrella that the proposal offered was final and IB, as a guild, would not be ok with changing it especially in consideration of the two points made above.

Like I said in another post, I can understand how this wasn't what FE wanted given the perception that you guys deserved even footing. However, you lost even footing when Sloan quit and the clowns you guys had leading the guild were not leaders I personally would be willing to listen to or follow about anything.
Old 04-01-2014, 07:09 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pheer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
All those robes and crowns and you guys are still wiping to 32k dragons, tell me more about how youre going to dominate NToV dragons in velious
Don't make me post it again.
[XX Rogue] Hailto (Half-Elf)
Red:
[21 Wizard] Hailto (Dark-Elf)
Old 04-01-2014, 07:15 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pheer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just cause you guys are getting lots of PDs you seem to have this fairy tale in your head where IB is starving for loot or something. All those robes and crowns and you guys are still wiping to 32k dragons, tell me more about how youre going to dominate NToV dragons in velious

Comparing a 32k dragon engage tactic to a Velious engage tactic shows how completely velious is out of your depth.
It's pretty clear he's become one of the people he described as No-life Nerds and Server Bullies.
Old 04-01-2014, 07:21 PM
Sarnak

If I quit tmo do I get instant full member to ib like every other ex tmo? and will hoku hook me up with some adderall for those pd fte's?
Old 04-01-2014, 07:24 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alarti0001 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Comparing a 32k dragon engage tactic to a Velious engage tactic shows how completely velious is out of your depth.
Yeah youre right it sure is dumb to say that someone would struggle with a mob that has 10x the hp of the shit theyre currently wiping to