Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 02-14-2010, 12:40 PM
Sarnak

I am pretty sure that you could still charm higher con mobs in live and have it last longer than a few seconds. Can you please post what the formula was and what it was changed to
Old 02-14-2010, 12:52 PM
Fire Giant

Well...everybody is saying how their CHA is so incredibly high that Charm should work better. Well in Classic, CHA was *way less important* than MR (hint, Tash).

Yes, CHA is (and should be) part of the formula, but it is supposed to be pretty low on the totem pole.

-The level of the target mob is the most important (reds vs. blues, etc.).
-MR is the next most important (as was noted earlier, different mobs have different default MR, so your mileage should vary). Tash will lower it further of course.
-CHA is the least important of these items. Yes, it matters, but not as much as the above two items.
Old 02-14-2010, 12:57 PM
Sarnak

Tashing the mobs. Still breaking. Changed nothing. Not even the duration of the charm.
Old 02-14-2010, 01:16 PM
Orc

Default Group and trading problems

Moving this to patch-bug thread!
Last edited by Sippin; 02-14-2010 at 01:19 PM.. Reason: Moving this to patch-bug thread!
Old 02-14-2010, 01:43 PM
Fire Giant

Send a message via MSN to Jify

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voner [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Any changes that would block the use of ShowEQ or what ever it is that is used by higher end guilds to know the spawn time of boss mobs?
Seriously?
Old 02-14-2010, 02:24 PM
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ammut [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Necro charm is still broken. Tested it with cajole undead (level 49) on a light blue con spectre. It droped after 1 tick with 60 char.

Necro charm shouldn't be based on char but only on level and magic resistance.
We didn't change anything concerning Necro charm. We discussed and it was not decided on exactly how we want to implement. Changes for this will be coming. They just did't make it in this patch.

Haynar
Old 02-14-2010, 02:37 PM
Sarnak

I also being ENC, must say developers have changed the game such it is VERY difficult for new players (bad gear,) to solo or group

1. I always Tash, and still i get Tons of resists... Even on Blu's.
2. My Yellow ENC pet gets his but kicked on ONE Blu.
3. WAY WAY too much hate from nukes. I first waited till 70 % before casting one nuke . Then i waited till 50 % cast my first nuke and still getting Aggro. What gives?

And i pray to God that things are not being changed so we can be like EQ live
Old 02-14-2010, 02:49 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voner [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Any changes that would block the use of ShowEQ or what ever it is that is used by higher end guilds to know the spawn time of boss mobs?
I use my magical fairy dust, that allows the demon to come into this plane. Once the demon is here, I use my magical demon-leash, which allows me to control him, and then I force him to tell me when the mawbs spawn.
Old 02-14-2010, 03:01 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by redghosthunter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
3. WAY WAY too much hate from nukes. I first waited till 70 % before casting one nuke . Then i waited till 50 % cast my first nuke and still getting Aggro. What gives?
Hate is based on how much damage each player has done to the mob. This happens a lot on raids especially. If 5 people did 10% of the mobs HP in damage and you nuke it for 14% its going to come after you.

People saying there charm is breaking right away please specify which mobs you are trying to charm. I think all that was changed is they switched the importance of CHA vs MR and now a lot of high MR hard to charm mobs are breaking it. I know in PoF the Gorgons are supposed to be not worth charming. As it was pre-patch they did in fact resist charm a lot but once it landed it lasted the same as any mob despite their high MR. It is supposed to have a similar but reduced chance for them to break it each tick based on MR.
Old 02-14-2010, 03:17 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by kissemisse [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Chanter illussion doesnt work either, but maybe thats how it was in classic, what do i know.
It must be your religion. I can walk around every single area in Neriak without being KOS, even near the necros.

Unless the patch changed this it's your religion (I'm agnostic as all enchanters should be).
Closed Thread