Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 02-16-2010, 02:03 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by guineapig [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If it were due to the patch it would be effecting everyone.
Well, not necessarily. The patch could still be the cause, even if it doesn't effect everybody.

fwiw, I have no issues - Win7, x86, nVidia, Titanium client.
Old 02-16-2010, 06:31 PM
Sarnak

I am using Titanium.
Old 02-16-2010, 07:59 PM
Sarnak

I used to crash 50+% of zonings. I tried every suggested fix humanly possible and bribed people to provide other solutions, nothing worked. I had some people give me some pretty clever and creative solutions, but they all ultimately failed.

My problem went away one random day after a patch and has never returned (still hasn't returned). It was something in the patch that fixed it, though I have no clue what.

Zone crashes are a huge hinderance in gameplay for many people. I think it happens to more people than are vocal about it. I know I eventually just gave up on fixing it. The inability to log into a character already in the world basically makes the game unplayable for these people. Was there an exploit people were somehow using this for? I think regardless of how it was in classic, this is a gameplay element that doesn't belong here.
Old 02-16-2010, 11:29 PM
Aviak

OMFG why is error 1018 back? I just got my first taste of 1018 in years and I'm SOOO FRUSTRATED!
Old 02-16-2010, 11:49 PM
Fire Giant

Send a message via MSN to Jify

I had crashing problems earlier in the servers life. This is the first time in the last month that I've started crashing again. Something has changed...

Oh, and titanium.