Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 05-02-2023, 10:47 AM
Fire Giant

Default Game won’t enter full screen

I’ve always played the game in full screen mode. When the game launches initially, the outside, right edge of the game can’t be clicked on or it will force window the game, but after you log in, it fixes itself. If for whatever reason you tab out, you just go select the video resolution again and it fixed itself.

This morning I was playing, and I got a random windows pop up, which forced the game to minimize. Now when I open the game it immediately opens in windowed mode. If I try to alt+enter or hit “switch to full screen” in options, it like completely minimizes it like I tabbed out. I can’t get it to switch to full screen. Trying to switch just causes it to like do this stutter where it tries to go full screen and then minimizes.

Anyone else had issues with this? Can’t figure out how to fix it. Tried restarting my PC but to no avail. It still opens in windowed mode initially
Old 05-02-2023, 08:40 PM
Fire Giant

Guess not lol
Old 05-03-2023, 03:44 PM
Large Rat

I'm getting the same thing. Pressing alt-enter fixes it but then when I click on anything in game it goes right back to a window.
Old 05-03-2023, 03:53 PM
Aviak

You might be able to manually fix it by opening the eqclient.ini file in the installation folder.

Fine the line that reads:

WindowedMode=TRUE

and change it to

WindowedMode=FALSE

then save the file and restart the game.

These issues tend to occur when the game and your operating system desktop are running at different resolutions or dpi settings - both the failure to full screen, and the effect of clicking certain areas minimizing the game
Old 05-03-2023, 06:58 PM
Orc

happens to me, what i do is after you hit alt + enter, do not click the mouse at all

/sit
/camp desktop

reload client and login and you should stay in full screen, but dont ever tab out, stay fully immersed