Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 06-09-2019, 05:11 PM
Kobold

Default Characters Missing / Spell files out of date

I'm having a very strange issue. Trying to come back after a hiatus and it says my spell files are out of date even though I've updated to the newest version.

50% of the time I login and 0 of my characters are there its just all blank slots to create a new character. I attempt to make a new character and I go LD after I hit enter world.

25% of the time I login and it says my spell files are out of date (they are not)

5% I can login just fine.

No antivirus is running, my internets fine, I made sure nothing is set to read only. Not sure what else could be causing it or where to go from here?

Did a clean install on a different hard drive, same issue.

Glittersings / Glittercharms / Glitterheals <Anonymous>
Old 06-09-2019, 07:50 PM
Large Rat

Same issue. I was playing just fine yesterday, the day before, etc, and now all of a sudden it tells me my spell file is outdated. I did a complete reinstall and the problem persists. NFC what to do.
Old 06-10-2019, 08:20 AM
Large Bat

Same here, playing without issue from February 2019 until this morning. Logged in and it said my spell file was out of date, though from all I can tell it is not. I restarted the app. Then I logged in and my characters were gone. I restarted the app again. On the third login attempt, all went as normal and my characters are there. Very strange.

Also, the game freezes on zoning for me quite often suddenly when it never did that before.

I really don't understand why it was no issues 'til today and suddenly many issues, is the server fine?
Last edited by Agreed; 06-10-2019 at 08:37 AM..
Old 06-10-2019, 09:08 AM
Large Bat

I'm definitely getting an issue where I go linkdead on trying to zone, and logging in gets the "Your spells file is outdated" message most of the time. This really sucks, hope we can get it figured out. Was having no issues from start until this morning.
Old 06-10-2019, 06:20 PM
Skeleton

I have come back after a year or so and tried to run game after installing the latest files 47 version. Character select screen says files are still out of date.

What else can I do?
Old 06-10-2019, 09:55 PM
Large Rat

Guys....

Check out this response from Caldwin. This worked for me. I don't know why I needed to do this all of a sudden, but I'm not complaining since I can log in again!

GL fellas

-Akselos
Old 06-11-2019, 05:54 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Location: Currently, NW WA State; formerly, CO; preferrably TX-FL.

How do we /petition on the Forum for missing toon(s)?
I created an account & char May 19, 2019, and the account was intact 2 days ago, but just now when I logged in, the Char-select screen shows 'Create Character', and the toon I made and leveled for 2 weeks is gone.
I don't multi-box, or hack, or any bad thing(s), so I'm pretty darn sure my toon wouldn't get wiped... I assume when people get suspended or banned, they get an error message when they try to login... something along the lines of 'This account no longer exists." or "This account has been suspended."
Can anyone help me --> tell me how to /petition for char/account restoration, please?
Thank you.

RB
Old 06-11-2019, 11:18 AM
Planar Protector

Make a post in the Petition/Exploit area. It's under "Server Issues" on the main page:

https://www.project1999.com/forums/f...splay.php?f=25

-Mcoy
Old 06-15-2019, 02:59 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Location: Currently, NW WA State; formerly, CO; preferrably TX-FL.

Thanks, McCoy. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-12-2019, 08:51 AM
Large Bat

Any resolution for this yet? I am still having the issue after replacing all files.