Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 10-13-2019, 04:56 PM
Fire Giant

Default So, i cant play because of the dsetup.dll

Hey guys,

So ive been playing p99 since 2010 so im not new to the setting it up and all that. But right now im having a problem and i dont know how to fix it. When i do the set up without the current spell files i can get all the way to character creation. When i update the spell file i get to character creation but there is a box saying that my dsetup.dll file is not a titanium file. Im using the same titanium eq version ive used since 2010. Any idea how to fix this? From what i can tell the dsetup.dll isnt being flagged right now. it isnt quarantined. so im not sure what to do. any ideas?
Old 10-13-2019, 06:29 PM
Server GM

Using windows 10? It may be removing the dll automatically. You need to make an exception for it via settings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Contraceptive View Post
If you can prove God is real to me I might believe you aren't just a virgin that has been given fake internet powers that you over-wield on an imaginary game. Also, don't forget to take contraceptive, the world doesn't need any more yous. Ah who the hell am I kidding you're not reproducing you're too busy blanket banning people on a 20 year old elf simulator.
Old 10-13-2019, 06:43 PM
VIP / Contributor

Send a message via MSN to Wenai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llandris [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Using windows 10? It may be removing the dll automatically. You need to make an exception for it via settings.
Yes. I had an issue where windows defender was automatically putting that file in quarantine. I would explore this.
Old 10-13-2019, 06:49 PM
Large Rat

i just fixed that by removing that .dll file and just copy/paste that .dll from the original zip into the folder again. but now im getting that "your client files are out of date..." on char screen that others are getting.
Old 10-13-2019, 08:38 PM
Fire Giant

ok, thanks guys
Old 10-13-2019, 09:02 PM
Fire Giant

oK, So ive been playing with it more trying to get it to work.

When i log into green i get the dsetup.dll message saying it isnt a titanium file, But when i log into blue i can get to character selection screen with all my characters, but when i try to log in the game crashes. I have tried it with windowed mode and full screen mode. Any thoughts?

P.S. I turned off virus protection on windows defender when i reinstalled eq titanium. So hopefully the dsetup file is not the issue but i dont know
Old 10-13-2019, 09:29 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vidar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
oK, So ive been playing with it more trying to get it to work.

When i log into green i get the dsetup.dll message saying it isnt a titanium file, But when i log into blue i can get to character selection screen with all my characters, but when i try to log in the game crashes. I have tried it with windowed mode and full screen mode. Any thoughts?

P.S. I turned off virus protection on windows defender when i reinstalled eq titanium. So hopefully the dsetup file is not the issue but i dont know
You're using the new patch files letter E not D right? My friend had that problem, he thought he downloaded newest patch from where it says "newest patch" when really he had to go into the beta post and get Letter E.
Old 10-13-2019, 09:43 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaneosak [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You're using the new patch files letter E not D right? My friend had that problem, he thought he downloaded newest patch from where it says "newest patch" when really he had to go into the beta post and get Letter E.
I think you are on to something. the spell file i am using is the 'd' file. not 'e'. ill use the e spell file and see how it goes.
Old 10-14-2019, 01:44 AM
Sarnak

winRAR wouldn't let me dump DLL straight into my EQ folder. Had to drop to desktop and copy manually.
Old 10-14-2019, 02:09 PM
Fire Giant

Thanks for the Help guys. Finally got it working.