Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-28-2019, 05:01 PM
Planar Protector

dont remember 600 for 500's for sure
Old 09-30-2019, 05:51 AM
Fire Giant

Tune == Offtune? I think I have a screenshot of my monk killing your bard on live in some PoP zone
Old 09-30-2019, 10:44 PM
Sarnak

Opened in Fall of 2011, maybe around 500 people at peak. Guard faction not working, blubies getting griefed, down to 300 after a couple weeks. People start getting bind camped and killed excessively resulting in negative exp on a classic exp server, more people quit. Banned one of the top 2 guilds a few months after launch at the same time Star Wars MMO launched, 20 people playing by summer.
Old 09-30-2019, 11:43 PM
Sarnak

It doesn't matter. I usually solo, so, pfffft. I grouped a few times but I like to have the zone to myself. mostly.
It's soooo lonely there tho.
Old 10-01-2019, 02:39 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raclen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Opened in Fall of 2011, maybe around 500 people at peak. Guard faction not working, blubies getting griefed, down to 300 after a couple weeks. People start getting bind camped and killed excessively resulting in negative exp on a classic exp server, more people quit. Banned one of the top 2 guilds a few months after launch at the same time Star Wars MMO launched, 20 people playing by summer.
This is all true.

Weirdest thing is the beta lasted for eternity. Peoole were deep into lvl 50 on beta and it seems like very few changes were made based on beta feedback then the server launched suddenly when people weren't even reading forums anymore. At the time I was waiting for more changes to come through before I log in and try em out.

At least that's how it happened for me. I don't think I played day 1 here even though I intended to.. it was like woah it launched without fixing that and that and that and that...

In retrospect I wish I went all out in the beta and let that be the end of my journey
Lost but not forgotten.
Last edited by Gustoo; 10-01-2019 at 02:42 AM..
Closed Thread