Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-04-2019, 06:46 PM
Sarnak

Default Tank situation on Green?

Was 100 percent set on playing a Warrior on Green but you know how it goes. My eye has been wandering at the character creation screen.

Have read a lot about people not playing knights because of the xp penalty. That would mean needing a whole lot of warriors.

What do you think, fake news, or will there be a tank shortage on Green?
Old 10-04-2019, 06:50 PM
Kobold

There will be a tank shortage, currently we have 0 tanks.
Old 10-04-2019, 06:58 PM
Aviak

I think warrior is going to be a little tough but not horrible. Class exp is going to be worse for the one playing it than anyone else - I don't think finding a group is going to be hard 90% of the time for any tank. If I need a tank I'll take the first one to come along, and I think that applies to the vast majority of players. We've been at this long enough at this point to know how to manage agro with a poorly equipped war.
Old 10-04-2019, 07:15 PM
Planar Protector

There should be enough of every class to get things going.

Choose who you want to be. Warriors will have great places in groups. They are strong and brave and do good DPS while taking hits the best. Basically they're the best class.

Feel free to make an SK or Pally if you're down.

Make a ranger if you like them. They are all great.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 10-04-2019, 07:19 PM
Sarnak

I can see a lot of tank missing and god forbid all those that only wants a warrior because of the hybrid penalty lots of people gonna have tough decision to make.
Old 10-04-2019, 08:03 PM
Sarnak

I think you are wise to pick warrior as a fresh start on the Green server.

Just imagine if a level 28 wolf pet from a level 40 shaman was tanking Nagafen during the first month of server launch instead of a warrior. LOL That would be funny to imagine wouldn't it?

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
2. item loot
3. teams
4. egg shaped pumice
5. racial faction loss
6. removal of exp loss on pvp death
7. pvp text (i like orange)
Old 10-04-2019, 08:07 PM
Kobold

Tanks are gear dependent even for knights, outside of threat. They don't solo particularly well. It's kind of a thankless job anyway.

These reasons, moreso than the exp penalty of the two knights, is likely why there will be fewer of us.
Old 10-04-2019, 08:32 PM
Planar Protector

The fun factor is high tanking mobs and plus you have the most hitpoints to run to zoneline when someones pulled too many [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 10-05-2019, 10:13 AM
Fire Giant

"Tanks" in groups won't be really necessary until much later on. Play whatever you want. You'll get a group no matter what you play (if you want to group) an Oasis orc highway group at 17 will invite literally any 6 toons as long as one of them is a healer, you can kill super fast with most anything. Remember everybody even casters will be swinging rusty weapons for a super long time. Pet classes will be helpful.
Old 10-05-2019, 10:33 AM
Planar Protector

warriors are hard in vanilla. you're a totally gear dependent class with basically no gear available except for a few items until later on.

if you truly love the group game and tanking you would probably do better with a knight class...if you are thinking of doing any raid game tanking then warrior.

a significant amount of people will likely roll a non-warrior easier class so that they can farm some basic stuff to twink out a naked warrior to help get him rolling. One of the ironies of old school vanilla EQ is that the first 15 levels or so are actually some of the hardest (and boring) to push through as you advance, especially on a server launch that drops thousands of people into the same newbie zones chasing lvl 1 bats...playing a warrior through them can be stinky if you don't have a plan.
Closed Thread