Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-03-2019, 12:47 PM
Kobold

My pro strat is not get divorced over a game.

I'll update you guys in December.
Old 07-03-2019, 12:51 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thugnuts [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
- Poop in bags. I've already been saving my plastic grocery store bags for several weeks and have a proper toilet seat mounted to a 5 gallon bucket. I'm also lucky in that my garbage pick up bin is right below my bedroom window. It's still a solid 12 feet away from my desk, but I'm thinking I can just rush to the window between spawns and throw my poop bags directly into my can for the garbage collection on Mondays.

- I just "broke up" with my last RL friend. Known the guy for twenty years but if I didn't let him go, I know he'd just be communicating with me and trying to hang out and stuff while I'm playing. Also no girlfriend, because I'm red pilled to the max and don't want to lower my standards.

- Been stocking up on tuna fish pouches and boxes of ritz crackers for those late camp munchie attacks. I'm also thinking about moving my refrigerator into my bedroom and stocking it with 100% ready-to-eat food items that way I never have to cook or do dishes.

- I'm also retraining my body to become comfortable with a polyphasic sleep cycle. That basically means I'll take like one 2 hour nap per day, and offset that with short micro naps of like 20-35 minutes at a time, depending on what I'm camping. I've also secured a small supply of caffeine pills to help me when I absolutely can't sleep at all. And I mean real caffeine pills, manufactured by the Soviet Union specifically for long-term storage in case of protracted warfare. Sweet deal out of Ukraine, meant to hit you like a bolt of lightning.

- Main goals are to create the top raiding/farming guild on Green and maintain complete dominance of the raid scene for the entire classic timeline. Think TMO and Aftermath, but more hostile and edgy and driven by the will to conquer.
too real
Old 07-03-2019, 01:38 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legidias [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
>Not making a mage coalition to bum rush content

Illusion mask is pimp item to use even way past velious for bragging rights on your DE monk.

Manastone has limited usability in old world only, and basically is just for wiz / druid
You're not a DE monk. You're a human monk with an illusion mask. Everyone knows there are no true dark elf monks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joppykid [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It allows you to go into some zones you would normally be KoS in (OT, Neriak to name a few) so it is more than just a vanity item.
Nobody that can't go there by default HAS to go to either of those places though. Tens (if not hundreds) of thousands of EQ characters have gone their entire lifespans without setting foot in either place. Camping an item for days so you can go use a bank you don't really need to use is crazy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DromalPhrenia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's a (not indoor restricted, unlimited charge) shrink item for large races. For small races, it lets them avoid having to jump certain small ledges/steps and allows them to make certain jumps they can't otherwise make.

And Fashion Quest is the true endgame, with DE fashion being top tier. Plus you get to be a DE Monk, DE Ranger, DE Shaman, DE Druid, DE Paladin...
Again, you are not a DE monk, ranger or paladin. You are a human, wood elf or high elf wearing an illusion mask. Everyone else knows there are no dark elf pallies so they aren't scratching their heads wondering how you managed to make one. They know you are wearing the damn mask.

Honestly, these excuses are pretty weak. Why don't you just admit you have OCD and be done with it?
Old 07-03-2019, 01:40 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yasi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Also, the Guise coolness factor will not even come close to the coolness factor it had the good old times or on this server. On blue99, it is cool because it hasn't been dropping for ages, most ppl who have it stopped playing and if you have one now, you're prolly one of a few active players with Guise.

On other classic server, everyone and their mom camps the mask and everyone and their mom has the mask. Clicking your DE elf mask on green99 will make u as cool as juggling around three pairs of bone chips.
lol if you think you're getting a guise on green as me and my poopsock pro farm crew cycle endless alts through the camp, im gonna have guises on DE's just to keep you guessing as to my real race
Old 07-03-2019, 01:44 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osprey39 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Again, you are not a DE monk, ranger or paladin. You are a human, wood elf or high elf wearing an illusion mask. Everyone else knows there are no dark elf pallies so they aren't scratching their heads wondering how you managed to make one. They know you are wearing the damn mask.
Uh, the goal isn't to trick people into thinking I somehow made a DE Pally. It's that a Dark Elf Paladin with a flaming sword looks a billion times cooler than a human or dwarf or whatever.

And if you have a guise, you WANT everyone to know you have a guise, because its a status symbol. I wouldn't want a guise on a class that can be a dark elf, except for small races and large races for the other reason I mentioned (free shrink / not getting blocked by certain geometry)
Old 07-03-2019, 01:46 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by DromalPhrenia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Uh, the goal isn't to trick people into thinking I somehow made a DE Pally. It's that a Dark Elf Paladin with a flaming sword looks a billion times cooler than a human or dwarf or whatever.

And if you have a guise, you WANT everyone to know you have a guise, because its a status symbol. I wouldn't want a guise on a class that can be a dark elf, except for small races and large races for the other reason I mentioned (free shrink / not getting blocked by certain geometry)
Sorry to break it to you but no sane person gives 2 shits that you have a guise bud. You're going on about having an item on a emulator server for a 20 year old game like it's a big deal. The only status that thing is a symbol of is unemployment.
Old 07-03-2019, 01:46 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osprey39 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You're not a DE monk. You're a human monk with an illusion mask. Everyone knows there are no true dark elf monks.

Nobody that can't go there by default HAS to go to either of those places though. Tens (if not hundreds) of thousands of EQ characters have gone their entire lifespans without setting foot in either place. Camping an item for days so you can go use a bank you don't really need to use is crazy.

Honestly, these excuses are pretty weak. Why don't you just admit you have OCD and be done with it?
God I bet you're a fun guy at parties.
Old 07-03-2019, 01:51 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squire [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
God I bet you're a fun guy at parties.
Because I think getting excited over some vanity item in a 20 year old game is stupid? Ok man, whatever you want to think...
Old 07-03-2019, 02:05 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Underrated post.

If my epic’d pally had a guise, he’d likely be 60 by now, instead of stuck at 51 for a year.
Old 07-03-2019, 02:14 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by White_knight [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
unless you plan to play 20 hrs a day and are part of the group that gets the camps on lock down.
I 100% agree that these items will be a shit show and that they will be incredibly hard to get, but I haven't given up hope that you're wrong about the "lock down" part. Locking down camps just goes against so much of both what this server is about ('merit"-ocracy) and what live was about (read the old GM/Guide handbooks and then try to tell me with a straight face that you could lock a camp down in classic ... if the GMs on your server were doing their job properly at least).

I haven't given up hope that everyone behind Project 1999 won't just throw in the towel because "it's only a few items", and that they will change the server rules to "keep Green classic" (and prevent lock downs) before it is released.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Closed Thread