Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-30-2019, 05:44 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secrets [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sounds like something I'll cook up this weekend and submit for Green.

I know exactly the situation this is referencing. Would be great to have it era locked.
You are my hero. Make it clunky AF, just as Verant intended.
Old 09-30-2019, 05:45 PM
Banned

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathrydar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Almost no one? You mean the four people that posted about it on these forums? Is that "no one"?
no one good at the game apparently
Old 09-30-2019, 05:47 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castamere [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's fine if you're sitting still. Trying to run around is a different story. This is assuming you're using right click to steer
I quadded my way to 58 on live using F9

Sounds like another bad player alert 🚨
Old 09-30-2019, 05:54 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chortles Snort|eS [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I quadded my way to 58 on live using F9

Sounds like another bad player alert 🚨
Keep using ur arrow keys grandpa
Old 09-30-2019, 05:54 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by encopitt [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Your comment "If it is too difficult/unwieldy for many: That’s great too!" is like saying, "remember that breakfast cereal you loved as a kid? You can have it again! BUT we're gonna have you sit at a table with your mom and your stepdad and discuss why you're failing history while watching reruns of ren and stipmy in the background, and you must find and use the same (or very similar) bowl and spoon you did on April 19, 1999. Otherwise, too bad!"
No, that doesn't really work. You get to play in the comfort of your own home, playing with awesome 2020 PC equipment, you get to use high speed internet and we never have to deal with weekly server maintenance. You already get to enjoy the advancements of the last twenty years.

This is more like you had a favorite cereal, but it cut the roof of your mouth. But you ate it anyway because it was better than any other cereals before or since.

However, twenty years ago they changed the formula to prevent it from cutting the roof of your mouth, but in the process made the cereal taste terrible.

Now someone is looking to make a cereal that tastes as close as possible to that original great tasting cereal and all you can do is complain that it cuts the roof of your mouth again.
Old 09-30-2019, 06:00 PM
Server GM

Quote:
You will now have the option to bind cycle through PC and NPC targets to a hot key of your choice. You can hit your select nearest target key at any time, during cycling, to reset the cycle.
April 4th, 2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by Contraceptive View Post
If you can prove God is real to me I might believe you aren't just a virgin that has been given fake internet powers that you over-wield on an imaginary game. Also, don't forget to take contraceptive, the world doesn't need any more yous. Ah who the hell am I kidding you're not reproducing you're too busy blanket banning people on a 20 year old elf simulator.
Old 09-30-2019, 06:18 PM
Aviak

"You will now have the option to bind cycle through PC and NPC targets to a hot key of your choice. You can hit your select nearest target key at any time, during cycling, to reset the cycle."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llandris [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
April 4th, 2004
April 4th, 2004, roughly 5 years after 1999 release.

Blue launched in October 2009. Current date: September 30, 2019.

So it was "classic" to wait 5 years for tab target cycle. Twice that of time has elapsed on blue. By now we should have it anyway, right? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I say this to point to the absurdity of trying to enforce timelines of classic on a server that has lived for 10 years, but refused to progress past Velius (a fine choice). Do the full blown classic thing on green with a fresh timeline, sure, that is the point. But what is the point of enforcing that on Blue now? Just my 2c.
Old 09-30-2019, 06:22 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomagradd [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
"You will now have the option to bind cycle through PC and NPC targets to a hot key of your choice. You can hit your select nearest target key at any time, during cycling, to reset the cycle."

April 4th, 2004, roughly 5 years after 1999 release.

Blue launched in October 2009. Current date: September 30, 2019.

So it was "classic" to wait 5 years for tab target cycle. Twice that of time has elapsed on blue. By now we should have it anyway, right? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I say this to point to the absurdity of trying to enforce timelines of classic on a server that has lived for 10 years, but refused to progress past Velius (a fine choice). Do the full blown classic thing on green with a fresh timeline, sure, that is the point. But what is the point of enforcing that on Blue now? Just my 2c.
Rogean already stated they will talk about keeping blue one way and green another in this fashion. Relax.
Old 09-30-2019, 06:29 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinaki [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This server has nothing to do with classic so one more random change means nothing.
I'm pretty sure that it has something to do with classic.

As to all the people that can't hack it in real classic good news: play a rogue. I'm being tongue and cheek, but casters were a PITA to play in classic compared to melee and this is only one of the reasons why. One of the biggest balances on classes like chanter on live classic is that the UI was clumsy and mostly bad.

There is a reason why "good" enchanters and bards were rare in real classic...and a reason why good cc was hard to come by.

If you can't hang don't roll your chanter on day 1...wait till it gets easy mode later on.

I hope they keep it out for green launch.
Old 09-30-2019, 06:42 PM
Sarnak

please use the .dll to stop p99 from loading if people have voice comms going

ban skype, discord, teamspeak, mumble, ventrillo

better ban winEQ2, playing window mode is not classic
Closed Thread