Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-01-2019, 08:38 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooj [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How was it done during era?
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaizersoze [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
they probably didn't.
Click them with the mouse.

I used the space bar to jump but had to take my hand off the mouse to cross over my direction hand.Original EQ came with movement bound to the numberpad iirc. I changed these to arrow keys because it made more sense at the time. Didn't know about WASD yet.
Last edited by Mblake81; 10-01-2019 at 09:03 AM..
Old 10-01-2019, 09:10 AM
Banned

Quote:
WASD feels inevitable today. Once mouselook became standard in 3D games, it made little sense (at least for right-handed players) to hold your left arm across your chest to reach the arrow keys. The WASD keys were more comfortable, and offered easy access to Shift and Space. But even though WASD seems like the obvious choice now, far fewer players used it 20 years ago.
Note: What does movement have to do with targeting monsters you ask? it is related to how you interacted with the game controls.
Last edited by Mblake81; 10-01-2019 at 09:16 AM..
Old 10-01-2019, 09:19 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by sedrie.bellamie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
please use the .dll to stop p99 from loading if people have voice comms going

ban skype, discord, teamspeak, mumble, ventrillo

better ban winEQ2, playing window mode is not classic
Now this is some shit I can get behind. I never used voice comms until way after I quit EQ during post-Planes of Power. We raided Vindi thru PoTime with typing. I'd love to not have to get on a discord when I go raid halls of testing in P99.
Old 10-01-2019, 09:20 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaneosak [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Now this is some shit I can get behind. I never used voice comms until way after I quit EQ during post-Planes of Power. We raided Vindi thru PoTime with typing. I'd love to not have to get on a discord when I go raid halls of testing in P99.
I would support that on Green server. Blue is too ingrained in its ways.
Old 10-01-2019, 09:22 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaneosak [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I despise voice chats and I only sit in discord to slake my lust while I can't play.

It kills my immersion. One thing I like to do is just read the text in my chat window and picture it coming from the player's pixeled graphic, not a real life person.

I know.....it's corny, but it works for me and I am normally cracking up when I am in the zone!
Old 10-01-2019, 09:33 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathrydar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I despise voice chats and I only sit in discord to slake my lust while I can't play.

It kills my immersion. One thing I like to do is just read the text in my chat window and picture it coming from the player's pixeled graphic, not a real life person.

I know.....it's corny, but it works for me and I am normally cracking up when I am in the zone!
Nah, that's how its supposed to be. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

A real person over voice is not going to sound like a hobbit talking about his love of jum.
Old 10-01-2019, 10:52 AM
Planar Protector

Guys it's not like you can't target things anymore [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Look, I summed up the other ways (and when I say "I", I really mean Danth and Daldaen did all the work, and I copied their efforts) on this wiki page: http://wiki.project1999.com/Targeting

I've done bear pits to 60 with my Druid, so while I haven't done it since the patch ... it's not like I'm talking without experience when I say: anyone who thinks it's impossible without cycle targeting really isn't trying very hard.

Tab still works, it just selects the closest. If you want to target a different mob, it simply means that you have to move a little between Tab presses (or you have to mouse click).

That's not hard to do when you have a bunch of bears rooted in place. It's seriously not:

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 10-01-2019 at 10:56 AM..
Old 10-01-2019, 11:27 AM
Planar Protector

Loramin, Rogean already reverted the change on Blue (keeping it on Green, which is IMO great).
The point is now therefore moot.

On Blue people will continue to be able to play with mostly the keyboard - relaxing, laid back type play.

On Green, you'll have to go through more classic loops and targeting will be a clickfest. Annoying, but expected, on Green.

Everyone is happy. Hardcore classic adepts have Green, rest of the people (I guesstimate it at 99% give or take), have Blue.

If someone still finds a way to be unhappy now, it's probably safe to file them under "boring and never-content stoner".
Last edited by Izmael; 10-01-2019 at 11:29 AM..
Old 10-01-2019, 11:29 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izmael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Loramin, Rogean already reverted the change on Blue (keeping it on Green, which is IMO great) ...
On Green, you'll have to go through more classic loops and targeting will be a clickfest. Annoying, but expected, on Green.
Right, but my point is, Bear Pits will not be impossible on Green. Anyone who thinks that you need cycle targeting to do Bear Pits is wrong IMHO.

We had other targeting mechanisms back in classic, and we used them damnit! (After walking five miles, both ways uphill, in the snow ... which is an expression I love to use in general when I'm sounding like a cantankerous old man, but it's actually especially applicable talking about Permafrost [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.])

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 10-01-2019, 11:30 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Right, but my point is, Bear Pits will not be impossible on Green. Anyone who thinks that you need cycle targeting to do Bear Pits is wrong IMHO.
^^
Closed Thread