Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-30-2019, 09:03 AM
Planar Protector

Enabling bad players, especially chanters

This made my day

But didn't realize that this is more like... P99's 4chan or something.

except instead of random anons its a shark attack of a small clique that posts here all the time. so he's doubly fucked.
Old 09-30-2019, 09:04 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mead [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Enabling bad players, especially chanters

This made my day
Quote:
Originally Posted by bilirubin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Love how p99 staff are determined to lower the raw accessibility of their game to players by rolling back simple mechanical features this server has had since day 1.
Waiting on the stop playing threat to the devs.
Old 09-30-2019, 09:07 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mblake81 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Waiting on the stop playing threat to the devs.
I haven’t played here or donated a dime since the name change fiasco. I actually deleted my toon(s). I hang around for threads like these

except instead of random anons its a shark attack of a small clique that posts here all the time. so he's doubly fucked.
Old 09-30-2019, 09:11 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mead [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I haven’t played here or donated a dime since the name change fiasco. I actually deleted my toon(s). I hang around for threads like these
I am not waiting on the threat from you but the other guy I quoted.

Your quote is right.
Old 09-30-2019, 09:23 AM
Sarnak

Patches that reverse functionality not classic.
Old 09-30-2019, 09:24 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mblake81 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am not waiting on the threat from you but the other guy I quoted.

Your quote is right.
My apologies good sir.

I always took pride in efficiency and being able to manage dangerous situations quickly. And most of the people I gamed with during my time did as well. It was fun being with top performers. And it allowed you to get shit done other people couldn’t if they weren’t performing at the same levels. It also gave people the opportunity to be better. This is a step in the wrong direction for a community that already has no shortage of baddies playing. Good for your classic purist stoner tho.

Old 09-30-2019, 09:51 AM
Banned

Crocodile tears from the people who want to be classic pros but not play real classic EQ

I suggest the deaf ear, point to the sign outside

Get rid of the pet window asap on green
Old 09-30-2019, 10:02 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Crocodile tears from the people who want to be classic pros but not play real classic EQ

I suggest the deaf ear, point to the sign outside

Get rid of the pet window asap on green
I just don't get it. I would imagine those that are here are here to experience the classic era of this game. Why would you get angry when the devs give that to you?
Old 09-30-2019, 10:15 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathrydar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I just don't get it. I would imagine those that are here are here to experience the classic era of this game. Why would you get angry when the devs give that to you?
Some people seem to see P99 the same as any other game, want every QoL improvement they can possibly get and don’t care about the devs stated goals.

How they ended up on P99 I’ll never know, but they definitely come from the raiding scene more than anywhere else.
Old 09-30-2019, 10:30 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bilirubin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You do know that tab targetting has literally been a part of p99 since the start of the project, right? Long before you ever made an account...
So your argument is its been a part of P99 since its start, a project that has required working backwards by the devs to restore the original game because it was erased/lost/no backups by Sony?

p99 is not eq. P99 is a project to restore original eq. I have made the observation before that players here are confused about what it is and its sort of become its own beast. Mainly due to a small team interested in this (and stuck with it) and taking years worth of work.

Now to address the point here, was tab targeting in the original game? the game this project is trying to restore. If so (because I don't remember that detail) then that should be your argument, not that it has been "p99 since the start" because that is irrelevant to the projects goal. They had to start somewhere with this.

InB4 that one guy makes an car restoration argument again.. something about rust on the tailpipe.
Last edited by Mblake81; 09-30-2019 at 10:33 AM..
Closed Thread