Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-27-2019, 05:24 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
When you guys say bows break traditional melee action I'm thinking the velious list would be Warrior Rogue Ranger Monk SK Pally in that order.

Warrior theoryquest because outdoors the bow rules and of the bow classes he has the most durability in tight dungeon spots too.

Rogue because all other reasons and maybe is top 1

Ranger because best now skills but sucky in tight spots indoors because much utility is negated and out dpsd by rogue and can't beat warrior f2f.

If bows are so cheap.

Tell me why my theoryquest is wrong?

I'm making a green melee to pre game for red 2 and it's probably going to be a warrior or an SK

Maybe a shaman instead tho.

Hard not to just be a cleric forever because who knows if I will ever have the time to be more than half ass at any class and at least I've learned some cleric trix.
I mean if you are talking about 1v1 sure warrior wins with primal bow kite
Old 10-27-2019, 09:17 PM
Planar Protector

High-end Velious itemization basically breaks EQ PvP. Melees with maxed out resists and +100 HP in every slot are ridiculously OP vs. similarly geared casters. This is why the ideal classic PvP box would either flat-out stop at Kunark or only implement a "light" version of Velious: have your three outdoor zones each with a dungeon IC (ToFS), EW (CC), GD (Velks) then Thurgadin and Kael (minus AoW/Statue). So no high-end Velious raid gear. Velk, Dain, Tormax and Vindi would be the big targets and melees would be geared out in mostly Thurg armor. So you add in a lot of new content but remove most of the ridiculous mudflation that occurs with ToV-tier gear. PvP remains more balanced and fun, and Kunark and Classic raid targets still remain highly relevant.
Old 10-27-2019, 10:14 PM
Planar Protector

I like that, seems pro.

My dream would be Vanilla with backfilled content that keeps bronze armor relevant.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 10-28-2019, 09:21 AM
Kobold

paladins are strong because they get 6 instant cast complete heals, can bash, and have DA in velious

no one ever wants to target them, so they're basically a more flexible cleric

if holyforge works in pvp, they can actually do scary damage, but i never saw anyone try to use it
Old 10-28-2019, 09:26 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
When you guys say bows break traditional melee action I'm thinking the velious list would be Warrior Rogue Ranger Monk SK Pally in that order.

Warrior theoryquest because outdoors the bow rules and of the bow classes he has the most durability in tight dungeon spots too.

Rogue because all other reasons and maybe is top 1

Ranger because best now skills but sucky in tight spots indoors because much utility is negated and out dpsd by rogue and can't beat warrior f2f.

If bows are so cheap.

Tell me why my theoryquest is wrong?

I'm making a green melee to pre game for red 2 and it's probably going to be a warrior or an SK

Maybe a shaman instead tho.

Hard not to just be a cleric forever because who knows if I will ever have the time to be more than half ass at any class and at least I've learned some cleric trix.
theoryquest is dumb because it's subjective

what's your goal? to be able to kill people in the middle of iceclad and the argument is that a warrior does this best with a bow solo? play a bard, then

almost no one ever plays a melee this way, because you're just a sitting duck when a bard or a caster group enters one of these zones

i think pvp in dungeons and raid zones is a more compelling factor to judge melee strength, and the only classes that can even attempt to hang in those zones are monks, SKs, necros, and rogues, of which monk is easily the best due to shorter cooldown feign death, instant cast feign death, defensive disciplines like stonestance and voiddance, sneak(what really sets them apart from an SK in these situations) and the ability to actually survive rounds from mobs in zones like temple of veeshan
Old 10-28-2019, 09:29 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
paladin suffers from the "it's okay but another rogue would just be better" syndrome
in PvE yeah, but a single, good paladin who prepares is insanely valuable in any group/mass pvp situation
Old 10-28-2019, 09:32 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolget [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
in PvE yeah, but a single, good paladin who prepares is insanely valuable in any group/mass pvp situation
out of respect for your skill ill assume youre right but me personally kunark+ id rather have a rogue

shits just not balanced
Old 10-28-2019, 09:33 AM
Kobold

paladin has a realistic chance of stopping the snowball effect by preventing several of the first few kills of a fight

no other class can really do that except for bard with group DA, but paladin doesn't have to be in the group
Old 10-28-2019, 09:52 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
out of respect for your skill ill assume youre right but me personally kunark+ id rather have a rogue

shits just not balanced
Should be binds in Freeport now ya slacker.

Seriously tho, Odus is a brutal start for an opening weekend. Iksar is mild by comparison.
Old 10-28-2019, 10:19 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolget [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
paladin has a realistic chance of stopping the snowball effect by preventing several of the first few kills of a fight

no other class can really do that except for bard with group DA, but paladin doesn't have to be in the group
no one played it like that, i get it though if a guy used his soulfire intelligently

just rarely happens unfortunately
Closed Thread