Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-31-2019, 01:53 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by quido [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nearly everyone knows what they're getting into playing a PvP server. If you don't, you're probably retarded.

There's a lot of other reasons population has largely been low on red. Not looking to bash at all - love da staff - but mismanagement largely resulted in the player exodus, outside of normal burnout etc. Botched launch with guard assist, ill-guided PNP/rules and selective enforcement. You need to have a rule set you can effectively enforce with your staff. I'm holding out hope for R99 2.0 (though not holding my breath), in the meantime there's RoZ 2.0.
Jeremy is right on this one. What HB and Stasis described only become that big of a problem when there is a shit ruleset which prevents a good pvp environment that will keep people entertained. There is nothing to look forward to; people are going to act out.

I don't recall the nutjobs being very noticeable during times of pvp. As a matter of fact, they chill the fuck out and end up joining one guild or another because they don't want to be left out of the fights. When PVP picks up people are quick to set aside their differences.
Old 10-31-2019, 02:06 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stasis01 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I honestly don't know how you deal with the Nizzar factor showing up every 3 days for Trak, spending an entire day for the 7 day world dragons, and then a day for VP for years, even once he has every item on multiple alts.

I guess I don't understand why they would want to do it, so I have no solutions.
Sim pops. We witnessed it. Nizzar got dunked on multiple times. They couldn't adapt to a dynamic pvp environment, and then thanks to Rogean they didn't have to

Zerg style only works well with predictability
Old 10-31-2019, 02:09 PM
Planar Protector

Yeah they almost need to be hands on and increase the amount of pops if it's highly cock blocked, and lower it if there's multiple guilds contesting and gaining pixels.
Old 10-31-2019, 02:13 PM
Planar Protector

Agree with El Presidente above. When we had some regular sim repops for a minute, it really shook things up (and was the most fun I had on red).

Rethinking how the spawn system works might help to stop things from getting stale. The top guild is always pushing to consolidate everything into the smallest time frame possible. A lot of people hated it but on RoZ, Jeriance worked really well to shake things up and give the underdogs a shot.
Old 10-31-2019, 02:20 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stasis01 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah they almost need to be hands on and increase the amount of pops if it's highly cock blocked, and lower it if there's multiple guilds contesting and gaining pixels.
this is technically english, but would you care to give it another go?
Old 10-31-2019, 03:18 PM
Banned

We tried the vztz community's ideas and Rogeans custom stuff etc

You got a dead box for it

Keep the GM involvement clean, remove YT/custom crap, add item loot so people will likely want less guild members and more PVP targets or give people outside the raid guilds something good to do

Resists and hitbox turned out amazing, classic is the way
Old 10-31-2019, 03:40 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by quido [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
jeriance worked really well to shake things up and give the underdogs a shot.

This is 100% false
There was pvp every 3 days for trakanon and every week for other dragons..

Once Jeriance was added the competition stopped contesting unless it was right in their primetime window because they knew they could just pray for RNG jeriance the next week..

You can check RoZ discord History and see how much less Yellow text happened after jeriance was added and how the server started slowly dying after that ..

yes lots of trolls said it was the best thing ever because they didn't have to contest anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
We tried the vztz community's ideas and Rogeans custom stuff etc

You got a dead box for it
Wrong

There was 800-1k population the first month of red99

People asked for Yellow text and XP increase w/ server wide ooc to help find groups.. Rogean said they would NEVER add any of the following

2 weeks later the pop goes down to 500
a month later its stays at 300ish for a bit
Holocaust gets banned
Server population around 50-100
Kunark comes out
Nihilum is the only guild raiding with 20-30 players on the server

Half way into kunark he decided to finally add yellow text / xp bonus / serverwide ooc and population picked back up
Last edited by nottitanuk; 10-31-2019 at 04:06 PM..
Old 10-31-2019, 03:41 PM
Kobold

the only thing that a GM should be doing is banning hackers and people using exploits to crash zones/servers
Old 10-31-2019, 03:44 PM
Kobold

Quote:
I honestly don't know how you deal with the Nizzar factor showing up every 3 days for Trak, spending an entire day for the 7 day world dragons, and then a day for VP for years, even once he has every item on multiple alts.

I guess I don't understand why they would want to do it, so I have no solutions.
he was making a living by RMTing and people like elderan paying for his expenses

the guy just wants to play everquest and do nothing else
Old 10-31-2019, 03:44 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartbrand [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The fear people have of dying in PvP on this server is crazy to me. Maybe I'm just too WoW'ified [if that's a word lol?] but for me PvP is meant to be fun; if I win I win if I lose I lose, I loot my corpse and go about my day. The massive extent people would go to in order to avoid any possible PvP death or encounter where success was not 99.9% certain was crazy and not fun to me. The whole leaderboard, KDR shit just further creates a toxic culture where the only PvP that occurs is typically grief PvP, i.e., fights that are completely one sided.
Thats why leaderboard, gobal /ooc and a forum board where toxicity is allowed to overflow all need to go. Oh, and "yellow text" on kills.

Everything that attracts and promotes crazy must go. Just because a server is red does not mean it has to be filled with the insane hate this one was left with.
Closed Thread