Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-01-2019, 01:19 PM
Kobold

the grobb fight started at like 20v20 and then prophets of slosh, domingueros, etc. came in and by the time we had lost, there were over 35 people on your side in innothule swamp

i don't even know what this EJ fight is, though

the idea that there were only two even numbered fights is laughable

here's a video of another one (you lost)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AsIptZ5LCtQ
Old 11-01-2019, 02:21 PM
Aviak

That was a fun fight and i lold when skar got blown back near the end of it. Its hard to watch and tell whats going on fron my phone tho.

Anytime we tried to contest a mob vs Empire i didnt have high hopes, (as opposed to cherry picking fights, where i did want to win). Just show up and try our best. Fighting Empire, a lot like Azrael vs Nihilum, they either had a numbers advantage or a gear advantage, and it was up to them to mistake for us to win. Also, as colgate amd others mentioned at the time, its true the class composition of our better players wasnt good (almost all SKs, wizards and rogues). But i have a screen shot folder with 1500+ kills in it, and had a lot of fun getting them, so I think things worked out for me.

Also It might seem like im contradicting myself because in other threads I mention the gear disadvantage not being a big deal, but between equally skilled players it obviously makes a big deal.

The great thing was at the time, the only way to acquire that advantage was raiding with 70 - 80 + people, so there was ALWAYS shitty players to kill.

Through out velious i picked up some great wins on well geared players that show case that "skill" comes before gear. Me and Miguel beat Gongshow and Omai(?) At a time where they both had abashis, Killing the necro and making gongshow plug. I also smashed Mornin on his warrior 1v1 well into the time he had some dozekar / vulak lewt.
Old 11-01-2019, 02:34 PM
Banned

When I first came back in Kunark, I hunted dukesmen with Salem and we found Gream.
Old 11-01-2019, 04:22 PM
Kobold

bunch of beta nerds itt

yeah you
Old 11-01-2019, 06:36 PM
Aviak

Full retard !
Old 11-01-2019, 06:39 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
When I first came back in Kunark, I hunted dukesmen with Salem and we found Gream.
Man Salem was such a solid dude , I will never forget his honorable duel with smallmee lol
Old 11-01-2019, 07:01 PM
Planar Protector

The only fights I remember friends vs empire worth mentioning was the Phara Dar one where they smoked us, I don’t really remember that one too clearly I think I died to a drake or something but I just know we lost and it seemed pretty even.

The only other two was cobalt scar where it was about 20v20 roughly for awhile but we smoked the first round of people coming in and then Empire kept porting more in and out numbered us by about 20 towards the end as more people came.

The grobb fight was pretty much the cobalt scar fight with the roles reversed, they saw us setting up and tried to engage us early and we kept porting people in, I think the numbers of the grobb fight was pretty even or at least close to it but we definitely had the better players of our crew and they might not of had their A team but there was definetly a lot of the core there.

I like to think I’m offering an unbiased opinion because I don’t really give a fuck anymore both guilds had turds. On the contrary it is difficult for a small guild like friends to have a high number of good players online at once with such a small sample size while a larger guild like Empire had a larger pool of players so it was often easier to have more A or B teamers on. But honestly that’s the difference between friends and empire one was a raiding guild and one was to have fun. All things considered for the small sample size of good players we had and with the gear advantage we did pretty good.
Last edited by Ragnaros; 11-01-2019 at 07:04 PM..
Old 11-01-2019, 08:23 PM
Kobold

<The Plague>
Old 11-01-2019, 10:55 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I remember convincing heartbrand (who did not like lite) that lite would make a great red dawn member and potential officer

the rest is history, el presidente is my golem
History is His-Story...Here's a little taste from the pledge.

Can't remember the timeline whichever side I was on was getting beat down but I persisted. I found the Snout/lite/El Prez to be talented. He was just a young man in those days with little confidence. I remember encouraging him daily to take a leadership role and the rest is history. HB was involved during the Red Dawn era although... WHAT we needed was a front man who was going to play 24/7, talk shit, and be a disrupt-er. A Trump like figure. Lite quickly became the man and he had the personally to back it up. Many of the deep state quickly found they had no part in a Lite administration and were outed pretty quickly... those that weren't fired left before they could be.

In the end I help create a monster who never remembered the people that put him in office in the first place.

But looking back...

What is good for the server is good for everyone. I had to do what I had to do. Long live the best enchanter.

Overall the difference in the Blue server and the RED is History...and some great stories. It's ALL about the PVPs...BRO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOD
"I will honor those who honor Me, but those who despise Me will be disgraced." HCSB 1 Samuel 2:30
Last edited by Rushmore; 11-01-2019 at 11:01 PM..
Old 11-01-2019, 11:25 PM
Kobold

I remember nothing, love you guys, fun times.

Muhh
Closed Thread