Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Old 11-30-2023, 02:01 PM
Sarnak

Silly is making over a hundred posts, almost 40% of the posts in a thread, advocating for an approach that is sub-optimal to the approach that almost everyone else in the thread advocates for.

By not making an argument that your approach is optimal, you concede by default that the other approach almost everyone else favors is optimal.
Old 11-30-2023, 02:01 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivitron [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's too bad about DC. There are patch notes (after our era) about slow first getting moved to disease, then slow having too much aggro and that aggro getting fixed. I assume that's where DC's aggro should be nerfed, and that it's a bug that it's nerfed on p99.
It's definitely a bug (or a deliberate out-of-era nerf to the game) because the loss of counter aggro also trivializes aggro from some other spells on other classes that absolutely should not be trivial aggro. Intended or not, we have to deal with it until such a time as it's changed. For now, DC's junk. Main reason you might not use Clinging on a charm pet is if you don't want the pet dotted (it can be annoying at times) but Clinging has a short enough duration that's usually not a problem. It was more annoying with DC's long duration.
Old 11-30-2023, 02:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcbrown [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Silly is making over a hundred posts, almost 40% of the posts in a thread, advocating for an approach that is sub-optimal to the approach that almost everyone else in the thread advocates for.

By not making an argument that your approach is optimal, you concede by default that the other approach almost everyone else favors is optimal.
This is incorrect. Your misreading of this thread is not relevant. Nuance seems to be lost on you unfortunately.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 11-30-2023 at 02:07 PM..
Old 11-30-2023, 02:09 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is incorrect. Your misreading of this thread is not relevant. Nuance seems to be lost on you unfortunately.
Refusal to engage on the merits plus a personal attack. This is what trolling looks like.
Old 11-30-2023, 02:10 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcbrown [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Refusal to engage on the merits plus a personal attack. This is what trolling looks like.
You are purposely mischaracterizing my position and trying to force me to agree with it, thus making a strawman to attack. Pointing that out is not trolling. If you don't want me to point it out, please stop doing it.
Old 11-30-2023, 02:16 PM
Orc

this dsm thread is really heating up, wonder when the gm's are finally gonna ban this moron from the forums
Old 11-30-2023, 02:20 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You are purposely mischaracterizing my position and trying to force me to agree with it, thus making a strawman to attack. Pointing that out is not trolling. If you don't want me to point it out, please stop doing it.
I apologize for mischaracterizing your position. It's just really hard for me to wrap my mind around the idea of someone making over a hundred posts advocating for an approach, while being unable or unwilling to argue that it's more optimal than the approach almost everyone else in the thread prefers.
Old 11-30-2023, 02:26 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
I apologize for mischaracterizing your position. It's just really hard for me to wrap my mind around the idea of someone making over a hundred posts advocating for an approach, while being unable or unwilling to argue that it's more optimal than the approach almost everyone else in the thread prefers.
I am not doing that, so you don't need to worry about wrapping your head around it! This is the issue, you are making assumptions about what you think I am doing, while ignoring what I am saying.

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...&postcount=276

This is what I have been saying the whole time. Were some of my posts worded incorrectly? Sure. I admitted as much.

Have people been harassing this thread and trolling it? Absolutely. The bloat comes from the trolls, not from me. You should spend more time commenting on their bad behavior.

If you were being sincere, you would be telling other posters something like "I agree with your position, but why are you acting so hostile and trolling this thread simply because of another person's perspective?" Your criticisms ring hollow when you ignore everything else, especially when they do the things you accuse me of.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 11-30-2023 at 02:31 PM..
Old 11-30-2023, 02:33 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
If you are a player like Snaggles, you can spam taunt to get some utility out of it. You get +1 hate every 6 seconds, and an 8.33% chance to taunt automatically.
Snaggles has already seen the light! He's the chief evangelist of MacroTaunt:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I’ll still likely put taunt on my bar. To a single hotkey with a /doability # and /cast 1 entry. I’m going to call this Macro Taunt. Please enter it as the third and most superior method. It’s the Venn Diagram between lazy and effective.
All hail MacroTaunt! Truly the pinnacle of optimal gameplay!
Old 11-30-2023, 02:34 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Snaggles has already seen the light! He's the chief evangelist of MacroTaunt:

All hail MacroTaunt! Truly the pinnacle of optimal gameplay!
Of course! Snaggles can use his MacroTaunt too. I am not trying to force people into a single strategy. I am explaining the options, and letting the reader decide which one they want to use. Information is power. Let people know all the details of taunt and how it can be used. There is no harm in that.

Clearly there are people out there who don't press taunt at all, so it isn't like everybody is using strategic taunt to begin with. If they can put taunt on a macro they can spam, they'll get more use out of taunt than if they don't use it at all. https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...&postcount=276

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I probably "go at it harder" than you do as a matter of habit.
I also play my character correctly in a consistent manner. More agro is better than less agro, so I try to eek out every bit I can. Spamming taunt is "going harder" than someone who doesn't press taunt at all. It's a small bonus, but something is better than nothing. You can always switch to strategic taunting whenever you need to, since it has a 6 second cooldown.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 11-30-2023 at 02:40 PM..