Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Old 01-15-2024, 10:06 AM
Sarnak

In some ways, sure

But forcing hub zones was an absolute dogshit terrible retarded idea

At least moon cat expansion was a bit less egregious about it. After PoP the old zones might as well have been deleted
Old 01-15-2024, 01:15 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salaryman [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
get outa here, velious is the only expansion in the history of mmos without power creep (the mechanic that killed the entire industry), btw I have Guardian Robe.
how is NToV not statflation like Veeshans Peak was?

Delete or re-itemize both those zones (or just make them questing and lore hubs) and I would agree luclin is bad. (ish)

barebones luclin tho was real gud. And u can give vex thall the same treatments.
Old 01-15-2024, 06:51 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetaress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
how is NToV not statflation like Veeshans Peak was?

Delete or re-itemize both those zones (or just make them questing and lore hubs) and I would agree luclin is bad. (ish)

barebones luclin tho was real gud. And u can give vex thall the same treatments.
looks like this n00b plays on a pve server, let me school u on some real info, from the top pvper. Velious items have low resists, and theres an ac cap so ac doesnt matter. other stats? already capped with kunark or buffs.
Old 01-15-2024, 08:48 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salaryman [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
looks like this n00b plays on a pve server, let me school u on some real info, from the top pvper. Velious items have low resists, and theres an ac cap so ac doesnt matter. other stats? already capped with kunark or buffs.
+100 all stats is dumb.
Old 01-16-2024, 10:22 AM
Orc

Having played through Rain of Fear, I still honestly think PoP is the best expansion. Sure, PoK took away a lot of the expanse of the game, but it also added very cool / unique content. I just don't know how you could ever beat fighting all of the Gods with really cool monster models. I also feel like there was content for everyone, even mini raids for those who couldn't get into larger raiding guilds. The key gatekeeping was both good and bad. It could ruin some guilds progress but also added a bit of hype when you broke through. The last races to raid targets ever.

Luclin looking back had some plusses, but so much of that expac had no playability. Most of the zones were just boring empty spaces. I did enjoy VT and Ssra raids, but that was about it.

I would be curious as to how many people played deep into EQ that bitch about it constantly because it usually feels like most people quit after PoP. The game still had a ton of fun encounters to offer, it's just that other MMO's changed the landscape and people perceptions about what made a game enjoyable.
Old 01-16-2024, 11:30 AM
Fire Giant

I prefer my time to be WASTED by waiting for boats. It shows that I am a HARDCORE and SERIOUS gamer.
Old 01-16-2024, 02:33 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've warmed up to luclin in my old age. AA's feel worth having at the cost of dumb cats and the moon.

Pop still sucks tho unless it launched without books to PoK. Books out of that zone is OK tho.
That would be the perfect eq server imho.

Since that doesn't exist tho I'll just settle with p99 and 2 xpacks.
My issues with Luclin have been the ways they take EQ more towards making things easy. Bazaar and the Nexus I dislike.

I also dislike the way they made Paludal Caverns totally well set up as a newbie zone and didn't bother to revamp any of the earlier starting zones, which meant everyone just took their new alts to PC.
Old 01-16-2024, 04:47 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My issues with Luclin have been the ways they take EQ more towards making things easy. Bazaar and the Nexus I dislike.
I do have a love / hate relationship with EC. It's a great place to wheel and deal and feels a lot more skill based to some degree. On the other hand, if I am after a particular item, having to sit there for multiple days just in the hopes that someone ends up selling it is absolutely terrible. The bazaar certainly ruined the "fun" of the zone, but it solved a lot more issues than it created.

The nexus I never really found to be all that earth shattering. People that complain about to ease of travel apparently have no money to spend on a port? I have NEVER found it difficult to move around places even on P99. Any destination is just 20p away. I guess the only difference is I do have to talk to another player, albeit just one.
Old 01-16-2024, 04:49 PM
Fire Giant

bazaar arena
Old 01-16-2024, 04:50 PM
Planar Protector

Luclin's basic design can be distilled down to Kunark 2.0. It's practically the same basic setup as Kunark. Luclin is ruined by some horrible implementation, a terrible graphic overhaul, and unnecessary feature bloat, but those things were not core to the design. It was bad but did not have to be bad. With sufficient modification Luclin could be turned into a decent expansion following the Kunark mold.

Planes of Power is irredeemable garbage that ruined the game for anyone except the minority who liked raiding. It was trash when it was new, it's trash now, and it cannot be anything else. I spit on it.