Planar Protector

"relevant"
Old 01-16-2024, 04:36 PM
Planar Protector

Another DSM thread, like clockwork
Old 01-16-2024, 04:50 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripqozko [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Another DSM thread, like clockwork
It is like clockwork. I respond to a topic, trolls come in and derail the thread after they see me post, and then you post "Another DSM thread". There are no "DSM threads", just threads being trolled by the usual suspects. It's very easy to see this pattern. I never start this.
Old 01-16-2024, 05:04 PM
Planar Protector

Leave it to EQ players to fight like alleycats over something that is so minor that it doesn't affect overall capability to any significant degree. A barbarian isn't the top solo artist because barbarians are better but because the racials are insignificant enough that the difference between "best" and "worst" is not enough to alter final capability.

I waffle between favoring trolls and ogres as "best" but ultimately the player should pick the one he likes the graphic of. Players overthink stats and racial perks in this game to a maddening degree. In EQ, muchmoreso than in a lot of other MMOG's, player determination, knowledge, and skill will matter for far more. Pciking the "best" of something at creation matters primarily to folks who need to feel like they picked the best and for whom the choice will gnaw at them if they feel like they didn't. Otherwise, in actual practice they're all going to do the same content anyway.
Old 01-16-2024, 05:10 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Leave it to EQ players to fight like alleycats over something that is so minor that it doesn't affect overall capability to any significant degree.
Agreed. I never understood why people are so vitriolic when looking at certain gameplay mechanics.

If you show people that Weapon A is better than Weapon B, there is no problem.

If you show people that Racial A is better than Racial B, they start trolling threads to a hardcore degree in an attempt to claim that their preferred racial is better.
Old 01-16-2024, 11:57 PM
Fire Giant

I think there are some very powerful classes in classic EQ which would be incredibly strong with any racials, or no racials at all. I don't think racials matter for enchanters, necromancers, or shamans, like, at all. You could not have any racials and have a stronger toolkit than lots of other classes. This thread was the OP asking a question which got solved with the first post, the rest is just people having fun jabbing at each other.
Old 01-17-2024, 12:59 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortior [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think there are some very powerful classes in classic EQ which would be incredibly strong with any racials, or no racials at all. I don't think racials matter for enchanters, necromancers, or shamans, like, at all. You could not have any racials and have a stronger toolkit than lots of other classes.
You are correct that no racial is required to do content on a Shaman. Everybody in this thread has already agreed on this point.

Some racials are better than others, however, and people want to know which ones are the best. There are players who enjoy Min/Maxing, and there is nothing wrong with that.

There is no reason to derail conversations on which racials are best, or obfuscate the information. Give players the correct information and let them decide how to use it.
Old 01-17-2024, 09:03 AM
Planar Protector

idk man

new / low budget players that have no intention to ever solo artist with their shaman but rather will focus on grouping and getting to 60 will benefit a lot more from regen than FSI
Last edited by Toxigen; 01-17-2024 at 09:07 AM..
Old 01-17-2024, 09:24 AM
Planar Protector

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
idk man

new / low budget players that have no intention to ever solo artist with their shaman but rather will focus on grouping and getting to 60 will benefit a lot more from regen than FSI
I've already agreed with you that Regen is better while leveling, both in in my guide and in this thread. I don't think anybody disagrees here. But plenty of Ogre/Barbarian Shamans have leveled to 60 just fine.

FSI is the Min/Max option because the point of leveling is to get to 60 and play the endgame. Once you get to level 60, faster leveling is irrelevant. Plently of people play their level 60 characters for years.

FSI is better than Troll/Iksar regen once you have Torpor. Shamans can tank well in groups, so it isn't like FSI provides no benefit for a player who prefers to group.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 01-17-2024 at 09:42 AM..
Old 01-17-2024, 10:55 AM
Planar Protector

Not every thread has to be a holy war for your one thing. To date, the thousands of posts hasn’t produced enough “proof” to hang a hat on. Because nobody has bash-interupt on GINA and has documented every death in WW for the last decade.

Sometimes when a new player asks a question just answer the question. In this case, they already want to play a race (a very common thing) and are justifying if it’s too much of a struggle. We acknowledged it is more a struggle than the other races because a JBB is like 1/10ths price of a turnkey epic. Also that an uphill battle doesn’t mean one that can’t be climbed. Iksars make the best monks and necros, people still opt not to make them all the time…the shaman racial perks outside the JBB access are almost indistinguishable.

If someone really wants to “just get to endgame” the choice is very obvious…get a barb epic’ed and enjoy the 5% penalty instead of the 15% or 20% one. I’d rant more about that but again, not what the OP wanted to know. They don’t want to justify playing a barbarian.