Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 06-23-2020, 08:43 PM
Aviak

Having issues of the game crashing any time I loot my corpse immediately after I die (possibly on coin pickup?) also had a crash when trading with a charm pet. Only occurs when Rustle UI is used, doesn't crash on default or duxa ui. any ideas why?
Old 06-23-2020, 11:46 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darmai [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Having issues of the game crashing any time I loot my corpse immediately after I die (possibly on coin pickup?) also had a crash when trading with a charm pet. Only occurs when Rustle UI is used, doesn't crash on default or duxa ui. any ideas why?

It's a bug that happens with any UI that has bag slots in a UI window. It doesn't crash if you reload the UI before looting your corpse.

Alternatively, you could use a different inventory window, as that's the cause of the crashing.
Old 06-25-2020, 06:26 PM
Planar Protector

That's really too bad. Rustle is a great UI, but I'm not sure I want to have to remember to reload my UI before every time I loot (or crash).

/rude Verant [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 06-26-2020, 12:03 PM
Aviak

Well its odd, because it didn't happen initially, and then it started up. I thought well maybe i had stuff in those 9th and 10th slots when i only had an 8 slot bag. I checked that wasn't the case. Then noticed it was when I picked up coin on the corpse, subsequent looting wasn't an issue. The trading with a pet was a singular crash, maybe unrelated. I don't know if you get 10 slot bags if that fixes the issue, I haven't tried that yet. And I haven't been able to identify why it works initially and then started to fail later.

I do notice that the contents of a bag will remain in the inventory window when you swap bag positions with an empty slot, so perhaps its some sort of memory issue. I don't know enough about the UI system though.
Old 06-26-2020, 12:14 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darmai [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well its odd, because it didn't happen initially, and then it started up. I thought well maybe i had stuff in those 9th and 10th slots when i only had an 8 slot bag. I checked that wasn't the case. Then noticed it was when I picked up coin on the corpse, subsequent looting wasn't an issue. The trading with a pet was a singular crash, maybe unrelated. I don't know if you get 10 slot bags if that fixes the issue, I haven't tried that yet. And I haven't been able to identify why it works initially and then started to fail later.

I do notice that the contents of a bag will remain in the inventory window when you swap bag positions with an empty slot, so perhaps its some sort of memory issue. I don't know enough about the UI system though.
Yeah same for me: it was fine at first, but lately every time I loot I crash. It might have to do with which characters I've been playing and what bags the have, but I haven't been paying attention: it's definitely happening to Loramin with 2 items and 6x 10 slot bags.

I also noticed the same thing with the "lag" on the bag window, but I could live with that for the convenience of seeing all the bags at once (if it weren't for the crashes).

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 06-26-2020, 01:03 PM
Fire Giant

Just loaded - oversized health bars and integrated spell cast timer are sweet.
Old 07-30-2020, 08:15 AM
Aviak

Love the UI, looks awesome.

Are there any plans to make a 1440p version? The 1080p version just looks so tiny at 1440p, and the 4k version is enormous. Probably a nice middle ground somewhere in there.
Old 08-02-2020, 12:18 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Just wanted to give a huge thanks to you Deezy. This UI was a great base for me to build from. I like most of the main elements, but had to change some others to personal taste. What I love about adding my other pieces is they all take on the default smokey transparent background of your UI so it all matches really nicely. Kudos on a job well done!
Old 08-02-2020, 12:23 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lament Icarus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Are there any plans to make a 1440p version?
doubt it, but i guess you never know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyRhaevyn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just wanted to give a huge thanks to you Deezy. This UI was a great base for me to build from. I like most of the main elements, but had to change some others to personal taste. What I love about adding my other pieces is they all take on the default smokey transparent background of your UI so it all matches really nicely. Kudos on a job well done!
that's great and thank you [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-03-2020, 10:18 AM
Planar Protector

my old eyes love the text size, specially the self and target windows.. but have crashed 3 times in the last 1.5 hours.